• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot view video

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows vista 32 bit, with IE 8 and the latest flash download 10.1 and cannot view video on sites like youtube. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, updated Java, updated shockwave and looked for IE updates but nothing is working. Can anyone help

Thanks

cle112

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Go to Tools, manage add ons and check (all add ons) for Shockwave Flash Object..ActiveX Control..Flash10e.ocx. This is the version 10.1.53.64 and must be Enabled.

Try that first before we proceed.

Thanks,

eidnolb

P.S. On the above, where I listed "Flash10e.ocx" that should be Flash10h.ocx.

Message was edited by: eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work. I am still getting audio on youtube, but a green screen instead of video.

Some websites are ok and run video, but anything that runs through youtube does not come in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The add on that I asked you to check, you need to confirm that it is there, correct, and Enabled. Post back exactly what it listed for Shockwave Flash Object. This was not suggested as something to try or a fix, it is part of Flash Player and I need to have this info.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Bad. Yes that is there it is the version you listed and it is enabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Name          Shockwave Flash Object
Publisher     Adobe Systems Incorporated
Status        Enabled
File date     Today, June 15, 2010, 2 hours ago
Version       10.1.53.64

This is what is listed exactly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the confirmation. I like to know that the correct Flash files are Installed also. So I am going to have you go to: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash  Open the Flash folder and post back all files listed there. If you have any files as NPSWF, you will need to right click on each one and then click on Properties to obtain the version numbers.

Once we confirm that they are correct and the add on you already have, then we can look at what else may be the problem.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files listed are

Flash10h.ocx

Flashinstall

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX (this is the application file.)

There is a file folder listed as

FlashPlayerTrust

and inside is

LeapFrogConnect.cgf

I assume this is for my daughters Leap Frog game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't think the FlashPlayerTrust is a problem, as some have that also. There could be an add on in your IE browser, an Anti-Virus add on. Do you have any pop up Blocker software Installed? Also check Tools, Internet Options to see if the Security for the Internet Zone is set to Medium.

If you use other Toolbars, sometimes they Install add ons into your browser. Something seems to be conflicting, so it could be several factors. Trying to see what they might be.

Let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned popup blocker off, set the secutity to medium (it wasset to that) and checked the other toolbars.

Some site run video ok others do not. This all started happening when I downlaoded the newest version of Flash.

Can I unistall and reinstall the older player to see if that fixes it?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for doing all of that. You have the correct Flash files and the add on. Something else is causing the problem.

If you go back to the older version, then you will have a problem with all of the websites that have already updated to the newer versions.

Don't forget to let me know what Anti-Virus you use and if you use a Firewall different than Windows Firewall.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running windows 7 ultimate

32 bit dual-core cpu e5200 @2.50GHz  2.50GHz with Ie8.

I am having exactly the same problem ever since installing the update a couple days ago I too get a green screen on you tube. Other sites play videos no problem you tube is the only one so far that is affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi C, I have seen this about green screens and don't know if this is just on youtube and if so why? Also I have read about turning off the hardware acceleration. Have not had too much time to search more on it. What I have searched I haven't seen any solution.

The person that started this thread has this problem and the Flash files and the add on are all correct. So that much has been ruled out.

Perhaps someone that has a solution will come along on this thread.

Thanks,

eidnolb

P.S. Hi Pat! We always seem to post to the same thread:-) Ok, so then turning that off is helping? I hope so. Thanks.

e/

Message was edited by: eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cle112 wrote:

Can I unistall and reinstall the older player to see if that fixes it?

Before doing that, can you try to disable hardware acceleration (Flash Player Settings, Display panel):

FPhwacc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hardware acceleration was the key. Looks like it is working again. Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find the Adobe Flash Player Settings so I can disable hardware settings?  I've been looking for hours and about ready to throw this laptop across the room I'm so frustrated!  I can't get any CBS, NBC or other television programs to play since a couple days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kimdu59_2,

Understandable. It is not where you would expect it. Open a site where you would watch a video (youtube work well cause it loads fast) Click on video then right click it to open a popup menu. you will see setting on there click on that and you are in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!  You made my day!!!  Thank you SOOOO much!!!!!!

Works like a CHARM!  You are the best!  Love Forums!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right on, thanks alot for your help in tracking this down. Something so simple, huh. All back to normal, thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines