Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

This file is damaged or unsupported

Jun 15, 2010 1:32 PM

I'm trying to open a project I made in CS3 and even when I save it in CS5, when it opens it says "After Effects error:file 'wisp.mov' cannot be imported -- this'.mov' file is damaged or unsupported. I have the full version of CS5 with all the extra codecs installed. I've tried reinstalling After Effects and Quicktime. I tried converting wisp.mov, but that didn't work either.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00GHz

RAM 4.00 GB

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2010 1:35 PM   in reply to iProFanity

What do you mean by "all the extra codecs"? Some codec packs cause more harm than good. Can you provide more details about what format "wisp.mov" is in to begin with? Also, what procedure did you use to transcode the file (i.e. - to what codec did you translate it)?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2010 1:59 PM   in reply to iProFanity

Ok, those shouldn't theoretically pose any problems, but how about an answer to the other questions?

To be more specific, what codec what "wisp.mov" using originally, and to what codec did you try to transcode it?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2010 2:19 PM   in reply to iProFanity

Try converting to a Quicktime movie using the "animation" codec at best quality. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a .png compressed file wrapped in an .avi with a .mov suffix....that seems to be asking for trouble.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points