• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please select another location to extract the installer to

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2007 Sep 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first I though this to be a Vista issue, but it happens on XP as well. I have downloaded both the Trial and the Dev editions, (appear to be the same), and after initial extraction I get "Please select another location to extract the installer to:". Thoughts. I am running as Administrator on both systems. I'd really like to check 8 out.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 07, 2007 Sep 07, 2007

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2007 Sep 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've seen that before from a corrupt download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2007 Sep 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the file 3 times directly from adobe.com. If it is a problem on their end, funny no one else have mentioned it and if it is on my end, strange as I have downloaded from 3 different locations onto two different systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2007 Sep 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found that even if the installer continually asks for another location to extract the files to, you can go to the directory specified and run the installer from their. I'm not sure why the extractor thinks that it needs another location.

For me, I extracted to c:\temp - then when receiving the error, went to c:\temp\ and opened a folder in there which was named I1391034844 (I imagine this is different in each case). Inside this folder, there is a "Windows" folder which contains cf_install.exe. I ran this and the installer seemed to run like it was supposed to.

Hope this helps someone, there may legitimately be times when the extract process does not work (corrupt download) but in some cases it just appears to get confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation