Skip navigation
ckcspatti
Currently Being Moderated

"Macromedia Flash Player"; vs. "Flash Player?"

Jun 19, 2010 10:46 PM

My new camera says

I need to download "Macromedia Flash Player": is that the same as "Flash Player?

I tried to download the new Flash Player just in case and kept getting an error.  During the download attempts it said I already had it (flash player) and asked if I wanted to rerun it.  That's what failed repeatedly.  It keep telling me I had to close "conflicting" Yahoo Messenger and Internet Explorer before it could continue.  How do I close something that isn't running?  I am "multiply" confused.  Can you advise?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2010 11:14 PM   in reply to ckcspatti

Flash Player was originally developed by Macromedia.  So Adobe Flash Player = Macromedia Flash Player.

What is your OS?

What is your web browser?

What is your Flash Player version?  (See http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2010 12:23 AM   in reply to ckcspatti

If you use Internet Explorer as your web browser, then most likely your operating system (OS) is Windows.

As for your Flash Player version, the link I gave you in my first post (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html) will tell you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2010 1:58 AM   in reply to ckcspatti

I will check this topic again tomorrow; don't do anything rash until then!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2010 6:44 PM   in reply to ckcspatti

So can you now tell me what version of Flash Player you have?

Or you don't have it at all?  (Check Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2010 12:45 AM   in reply to ckcspatti

OK, Add/Remove Programs confirms that you have Flash Player installed, although we still don't know what version exactly.  So let's just try a complete clean install, as follows

Now open Internet Explorer and go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ - can you see the Flash animation, and a version number under it?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2010 2:41 AM   in reply to ckcspatti

Flash Player is a browser plugin, as opposed to an executable program.  Because of this, Add/Remove Programs may not know the exact size of all components, and does therefore not list any size.

What is the photo program that claims to require Flash Player?  Do you have the exact message it gives you?  Do you also have the exact message when you try to install Flash Player again?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2010 1:14 AM   in reply to ckcspatti

I don't know about "picture package" - is that something that is normally started at Windows startup?

Flash Player shouldn't be running by itself, unless it is something that is done by the above "picture package".  I will try to do some investigation of this...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2010 12:55 AM   in reply to ckcspatti

Do you actually use that SONY picture package?  If not, I suggest to uninstall it.

If yes, do you have the latest version?

P.S. my name is Pat - spelled upside-down.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2010 6:55 PM   in reply to ckcspatti

I don't know Incredimail, and I don't know why suddenly everything is so small that you cannot read it.

I don't know how to change it back, except by doing a System Restore to a date before it started.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2010 12:10 AM   in reply to ckcspatti

I have to go out now, but I will be back tomorrow.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points