• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I distribute the open source SWF compiler with my application?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2010 Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unclear reading the documentation if there is a difference between Adobe's official Flex SDK, and the open source version?

Can I distribute the open source SWF compiler with my application?

I have a flash application that users can change the fonts being displayed, if they supply the fonts in a compiled SWF. I found I can let the user select a font from their computer system, and using the mxmlc command I can easily generate a SWF with the font, which can be loaded by my application so the font will be part of the run time application when played on systems without that font already in the System fonts.

I was wondering if I could distribute the open source SDK so that I could compile these font SWFs for the user so they would not have to get involved in complicated Flash development. The audience is non Flash audience.

I tried using SWFMill but the fonts don't seem to work as they do with the mxmlc compile.

Thank you,

Scott Kerr

TOPICS
Flex SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2010 Jun 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flex SDK (and its related components) are released under the Mozilla Public License. as such, such open source code can be redistributed as desired.   You may want to check with your own legal source for clarification.

I'd have to check to see what specific differences/additions are shipped with the Adobe Flex SDK aggregate.

davemc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moreover check also the compatibility of your open source license with MPL

Regards, Giuseppe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines