• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8, Robohelp for Word, Office 2010

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just upgraded a user from Windows XP 32 bit, Office 2003 Pro and Robohelp 5.02 to a new machine with Windows 7 64 bit, Office 2010 Pro 32 bit and RH8. We made a copy of the RH5 project as a backup and then proceeded to import the RH5 Project into RH8. When the project completed loading we recieved the following message: The version of Word you have installed is not supported. Please install an earilier version of Word before running Robohelp for Word. Clicking okay on the message leaves us in RH8 with the project open, however we cannot open any files in Word 2010 and get the same message when trying to do so.

Prior to upgrading we did not experience this issue. Robohelp was installed after Office 2010. We cannot open any files with Robohelp for Word in Word 2010.

We searched for and upgraded Robohelp for Word to version 8.0.203. The software is stating there are no further updates.

Any help will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MS Word 2010 is not supported yet with RH8. If you don't use any MS Word functionality (e.g. use the RH HTML application and don't generate any printed documentation you'd probably be OK. Otherwise you'll have to wait for Adobe to issue an update that does allow Word 2010 or go back to using Office 2007 or earlier.

BTW although there are users using Windows 7 and RoboHelp 8 successfully, only the 32 bit version is officially supported.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately about all we can suggest is to install an older version of Word that RoboHelp knows about. Version 8 was released long before Word 2010. So it's no surprise it's not compatible.

You should also report this to Adobe as a bug or feature request (depending on your view) Link is in my sig.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick replies, although not what we were hoping to hear. I posted this to Adobe as a bug report. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to be contrary, but Adobe sure got Captivate 5 compatibility into RoboHelp 8 quickly. Since Office 2010 has been publicly available for a long time, it is surprising that RH8 has not been updated. Oh, wait: RH9 upgrade fees. Never mind...<G>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2010 Aug 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved in any way? I looked at the on-line store and it shows Robohelp 8, with support for Word 2007. NO mention of Word 2010.  What is the upgrade path?

As a programmer, I can't imagine the upgrade would require much work. Testing, yes, but, I think Word pretty much kept the same object model. Could be wrong.... but the COM interface is by it's very nature suppose to be consistent across builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2010 Aug 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

No further updates have been released to bring Office 2010 compatibility to RoboHelp for Word.

This somewhat underscores why so many have abandoned RoboHelp for Word in favor of RoboHelp HTML. You are no longer dependent on a specific version of Word for your authoring.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large RH for Word project (in RH X3 - Word XP) and specifically upgraded to the Technical Suite to get RH 8, assuming it would work with Office 2010 which I am already running.

How difficult is it going to be to convert this into a RH Html project?

Regards, Duncan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2010 Sep 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never assume any compatibility.         RH8 was out before Office 2010 and is not compatible.

Snippet 117 on my site may help you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Colum McAndrew,

Adobe RoboHelp 8 supports Windows 7. RoboHelp 8 is compatible with Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 is recommended), Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 and Windows 7.

Esther
Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is final solution:

If upgrade (or clean install) to Office 2010, then in registry missing old path to Word.

Just copy this code to a regfile (anyname.reg), and registration it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\InstallRoot]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office14\\"

And RoboHelp will find and work with Word 2010 (Office 14.0) too...

This working with Robohelp HTML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are you sure that this registry change works definitely with RH 8 HTML ? I use RH 7 HTML but this change has no effect. Because I must buy an upgrade to version 8, I would like to know this solution is OK.

Thank you for answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution provided by mykeehu does not work. This question as far as I am concerned is still an open issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What we did that does work is we installed Microsoft Word 2003 on the same machine with Office 2010. RH8 works with Word 2003. This is not the optimal solution, so until Adobe corrects the problem, this is how we will use the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This work to me. I upgraded from Office 2003 to 2010, and doesn't work Robohelp 8. And when register this key, RH 8 open my word doc file and make a Microsoft HTML Help with them.

Tried with other Office version number?

\Office\11.0\Word\

\Office\10.0\Word\

in registry path. Because I think RH will check where was Word installed and read this path...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using Robohelp for HTML. The original question was on Robohelp for Word. Your solution does not work on Robohelp for Word. It is still an open issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, I just published a half solution for help generating for RH 8 HTML..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest to you: wait for version 9...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks a lot for answers. Don't you know any estimation of releasing date of version 9 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know, sorry. I'm just a user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

As far as when 9 will appear, I'm under the distinct impression that it will ship some time in 2011.

Only Adobe can offer anything more specific than that. Anything else is just a guess. Even then, NOBODY but Adobe will know the exact date it is released. We all find that out at the same time.

Let's all hope it gets to bake longer than Captivate 5 did. I hate when products are extra doughey in the middle!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2010 Dec 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This registry change worked for me for RoboHTML; it allows me to import word documents into my RoboHelp project again using Office 2010.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried a couple of times to enter a registry key listed above (and failed ).    What I did was add a new key (string) in the Robohelp 8.0.1 folder and  copied the key listed above into the data field.  I'm guessing that I  did something wrong?   If anyone has a moment, would you point out my  mistake?

robohelp8_key.png

thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you must realise you would be working with an unsupported version of Word and it is possible the macros that RoboHelp uses in RoboHelp for Word might not work. I don't mean to scaremonger as it may well work, the point is that you have to accept the downside if there is one.

I'm no registry expert so maybe there are different keys in different installations and maybe there are others that need editing. I assume the path to where Word is installed is correct for you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter...

I'm only interested in being able to use the Printed Documentation

feature in Robohelp 8 with Word 2010 (as I do not use the Robohelp for

Word function). At this point I see no value in upgrading to Robohelp 9

just to be able to output to Word 2010 (as of now, I do not have a use

for the other new features in Robohelp 9) .

I will continue to fool around with the reg key and if I can't get to

work, I'll just output to Word 2007

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp