Expand my Community achievements bar.

create the table in the rich text field

Level 3

Hi All,

I am facing a problem with the copy paste of a table with content on to the textbox with rich text format from the word document in adobe livecycle designer.Like if you paste the table in the rich textbox , the border of the table will get collapsed and only the content will be pasted.So how can we avoid the collapsing of the table border.

Here is the exact explanation of the problem

step1: Drag and drop the textbox and check the allow multiple lines checkbox and increase the size of the textbox as shown. Change the field format to rich text.

textbox.JPG

step2:Now copy a table with some content  from the word doc.

docimg.JPG

step3:And paste it to that textbox field in preview PDF window.

final.JPG

Here you can see the whole table structure got collapsed.

so how we can get the whole table structure with the rich textbox??

Thanks

4 Replies

Former Community Member

The Rich Text Field in Acrobat only supports a subset of the xHTML commands that make up Rich Text. My guess is that the conmmands for the border are not supported but unless I coudl see the source of the table (in xHTML) I will not know for sure.

Paul

Level 3

Hi,

I am new to livecycle so really I didnt understand what you told.Can you please explain it in detail so that I will implement and test it.

Thanks

Former Community Member

You cannot implement and test ......Acrobat does not support the tags that define the borders of the table.

Paul

Level 5

And the next question would be: What tags does it support?

Answer: LiveCycle supports a subset of XHTML.  This subset is outlined in section 27 (Rich Text Reference) of the Adobe XML forms specification document found on the Adobe Developer XFA Resources page.

Ref: http://blogs.4point.com/rob.mcdougall/2009/01/sending-rich-text-to-livecycle-es.html