Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Reinstall Adobe PDF Printer

Jun 24, 2010 11:46 AM

I am using Windows XP and Acrobat 7.0 Professional.  I inadvertantly deleted PFD from the printer list and don't know how to restore it.  I have reviewed previous posts and find nothing that helps.  Can you provide the method to reinstall PDF as a printer option under printers and faxes?  If the information is in the 'readme' document, how do I find that?  Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2010 12:34 PM   in reply to 1091 Kathy

Have you tried a REPAIR install of Acrobat? (note... I'm not 100% the installer will allow that option... so put your CD in the drive and see what happens)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2010 3:56 PM   in reply to 1091 Kathy

>no disk as the program was part of the software purchased with the computer

Does your computer have a program to CREATE discs from a reserve area of the hard drive?

Does your computer vendor have a process where you may order discs?

As you have found... having a computer with no way to reinstall is not a good idea

Even if not for right now, you need to find out how to create or buy install discs

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2010 7:52 AM   in reply to 1091 Kathy

but did you try to repair the installation which is found under the help menu in Acrobat?

1091 Kathy wrote:

I tried the repair function on through the control panel.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2010 9:00 AM   in reply to 1091 Kathy

>I found nothing that allows me to create discs.  Checked with Dell help

Ok, another piece of the puzzle

As far as I know (based on having a Dell at work) Dell DOES have a reserved partition on the hard drive, and they DO have a way for you to create a set of install discs from that reserve

As to how... you need to look in your Dell documentation, including all of the "read me" or "tutorial" files that came with the computer

I've never had to use Dell help since I work at a University and there is a dedicate computer staff here, but you might want to go to Dell's web site and search for your exact model and then check all of the support and download pages for that exact model... you may just find information on how to create a set of install discs, or a place to buy a set of discs at a "nominal" cost

Also, once you have everything working again... think about making a full backup of your hard drive

I use http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm to make a full image to an external hard drive

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2010 8:32 PM   in reply to 1091 Kathy

You're welcome. Glad that worked out for you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points