When I update a template with DWCS5, I save it, and I am asked if I want to update all files linked to it, I say yes, and it looks like it does the update so I click close and then I get a message asking if I want to stop the updating process.
When I look at any files linked to the template, changes haven't been updated... what's happening? How can I sort this?
Here's my stock answer for this question -
Here are seven common mistakes that will result in changes not propagating from Template to child -
1. Rename the Templates folder
2. Move the Templates folder to some other folder level in the site other than root level
3. Move a template out of the Templates folder.
4. Make changes to an editable region of the Template (which will not propagate)
5. Assume that Template changes will be effected by just uploading the changed Template file to the server without also uploading the changed local files
6. Corrupt the site cache so that the link between Template and child page is broken
7. Improperly create your child pages by simply opening the Template, adding page specific content, and resaving the Template with an *.html extension rather thanits *.dwt extension. (you can tell if this is the case by looking at the code on a child page - if you see anything like <!-- TemplateBeginEditable... then this is what you have done). If you *have done this*, then recreate the child pages (in DW) using FILE | New > Page from Template, select the Template and click CREATE.
The 6th problem can be repaired by using SITE | Advanced > Recreate Site Cache, and the six others can be fixed by just not doing them. Have you done any of those?
Or, read this -
Europe, Middle East and Africa