Skip navigation
kmaddox1
Currently Being Moderated

changing the title shown for generated WebHelp

Jun 29, 2010 10:41 AM

I'm trying to generate several WebHelp systems from a single RH8 project. So far it's working okay, but I can't figure out how to control the titles used for the browser tabs (see below, which shows the same title being used for two different help systems). It appears that the text defaults to the name of my project, which means that all of my WebHelp systems share the same title, regardless of which conditional build expression and variable set I specify when generating the output.

Is there a way to use customize the title used here? (For example, is there a way to simply use the name of my WebHelp single source output here instead of the project name?)

Thanks.

6-29-2010 11-17-13 AM.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2010 11:28 AM   in reply to kmaddox1

Hi there

Unfortunately any way you slice it you are in for an extra task or two. That's why I strongly recommend that you complete the Wish Form to remind Adobe this is a needed feature. (link for visiting the Wish Form is in my sig line)

Well, you could repeatedly click File > Project Settings and always change what you see there.

tmp2.png

But that's a bit icky and prone to forgetting to do it.

Probably your best bet is to simply amend the WebHelp start page once you finish generating. Just edit the page using something like Windows Notepad. Amend the line you see below:

tmp3.png

Once you amend the line, close and save the file. You should then find the tab reads what you want.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2010 12:17 PM   in reply to kmaddox1

Hello again

Hmmm, thinking thinking...

If you are doing things in batch, I'm wondering if it might be a possibility for you to add a process.

Here's my thought. The WebHelp start page shouldn't be changing. So what you could do is to copy the page repeatedly. Store the copies somewhere. Then have a batch process that copies the amended start page with the correct title so it replaces the generated page.

Perhaps worth looking into?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2010 2:13 PM   in reply to kmaddox1

Hello again

Kathy Maddox wrote:

Yes, that might work though I do modify the content of the start page periodically, especially as we add new features...

Keep in mind that the start page is something totally different than the default topic. The only time the Start page would change would be if perhaps you added a new Toolbar button or rearranged the existing toolbar buttons. But even if you did that, all you would need to do (once the system were in place) would be to replace the existing modified start pages with their counterparts.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points