• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 8 downgrade to 7

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2007 Aug 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have CF Standard 8 and it appears we need to use version CF 7 instead for a while. Does anyone know how to downgrade or install 7 using a version 8 serial number. Or is the only option to purchase a whole new license for 7?

THANKS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2007 Aug 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
You cannot use CF8 serial number for CF7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: apatan
Hi,
You cannot use CF8 serial number for CF7.

Is there no other option?

Or is the Adobe revenue plan to release a product that is not well tested or ready for production (CF 8), have people buy it, then make them buy a second copy (CF 7) so they can get something that works. Your finance department must love this. Customers don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FreedomNet wrote:
>
quote:

Originally posted by: apatan
> You cannot use CF8 serial number for CF7.
>
> Is there no other option?

Give sales a call

> Or is the Adobe revenue plan to release a product that is not well tested or
> ready for production (CF 8)

Why do you think CF 8 is not well tested or ready for production? Have
you found any bugs?

Jochem

--
Jochem van Dieten
Adobe Community Expert for ColdFusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have not been able to install it over a CF 6.1 system, Apache issues (Connector errors?). Sorry don't have the error messages. I am not looking for installation issistance, was jsut looking for a way to install CF 7 while we can get 8 stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry to hear about your issues. I think Jochem's advice to contact Adobe directly is probably pretty sound. I don't know if these forums will be the best or the fastest way to get a resolution on something like this.

Explain your situation to Adobe and I'll bet they'll be reasonable about it. Seems to me a happy customer is going to be worth a whole lot more to them than a few hundred bucks.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation