Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error 1722 when installing Adobe Flash Player 10.1 (Active X MSI)

Jul 2, 2010 4:45 AM

Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue with installing the latest Adobe Flash 10.1 (ActiveX MSI) on Windows XP.

It's coming up with error code 1722 stating...

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action NewCustomAction1, location: ...\InstallAX.exe, com..."

I've tried many things such as SubInACL resets, ISScript 11 installer, adobe uninstallers, manually register ocx files, using the local administrator account, changing Internet Explorer Security settings, running Proc Mon to identify the issue - to no avail -, downloading the MSI file again, running the EXE file, but I can't seem to install the player.

The real scary side to this is that it seems to me that it's too unstable for me to deploy it across the entire corporate network due to using these fixes to have the player installed.

Is anybody able to comment or assist in finding a solution to this problem.

Regards,

SG

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2010 12:18 PM   in reply to SpirosGyros

Hi, I don't have any experience with this, but when you open your thread as I just did look to the right side. Under "more like this" there are other threads that may be similar that may be helpful.

If not, then when one of the other helpers may be able to help you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2010 8:35 PM   in reply to SpirosGyros

Have you checked the FP Admin Guide for instructions regarding FP deployment?

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_gu ide.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2010 6:44 PM   in reply to SpirosGyros

Thank you for the feedback - it is appreciated!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points