• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot load Flash Player 10.1

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2010 Jul 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows XP SP3 (all updates installed as of 3 July 2010).  I am using IE v 8.0.6001.18702 cipher 128 bit.

When i try to install Flash player 10.1, I get the error "ActiveX control could not be registered."

There is only one user on the computer, and the user has admin rights.

I have successfully installed flash player 10.1 for Mozilla FireFox, but it will not install for IE.  I have tried uninstalling Flash player via control panel and via the unistall program provided by Adobe.

Please help me fix this issue.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2010 Jul 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you have in C:Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2010 Jul 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  Below is the file list from th asked about folder.

C:\Windows\System32\macromed\Flash =

FlashPlayerTrust <folder>

Flash 10h.ocx

FlashAuthor.cfg

FlashInstall.log

flashplayer.xpt

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.exe

FlashUtil10h_Plugin.exe

GetFlash.man

NPSWF32.dll

swflash.inf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little test to show us what's causing the problem; please open a Command Prompt window (Start | Run | type cmd), then issue the following sequence of commands:

cd \

cd windows\system32\macromed\flash

regsvr32 flash10h.ocx

exit

Do you get an error message when you issue the regsvr32 command?  What is the message & error code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DllRegisterServer in flash10h.ocx failed

return code was 0x80070005

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  According to Microsoft, this code is returned when you are trying to run this function from a non-admin account.  However, you are quite sure that you are running as an admin user, so this is a registry permission problem.

To resolve it, see this article http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html; this is a bit technical - do you think you could run that procedure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before embarking on that SubInACL trip, can you check if your antivirus software is potentially blocking access to your registry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH for your help.  I got it to load.  The setup I have is as follows:

Administrator account (windows created)

Admin account (I created)

When I created the "Admin" account, I set it up as an administrator.  Well apparently Flash does not like my "admin" account and wanted "administrator".  When I logged in as "administrator" I was able to load the new flash.

Thank you again for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check to make sure you are logged in as "administrator" and not just a normal account with admin rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines