• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash problems when Windows Aero Glass is enabled

Jul 05, 2010 Jul 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am not sure whether this is a Flash Player problem or not, but I thought I would post about it just in case anyone else has run into this problem and then found a fix for it.

I am currently running Windows 7 and when I enable Aero Glass, the performance of flash player drops dramatically. I understand that Aero Glass requires a powerful computer but I just built what I thought would be a computer that could more than deal with it. Both my processor and video card show low usage but animations appear jerky and seem to lag. Video (Hulu and netflix) plays perfectly though.I have tried enabling and disabling hardware acceleration in Flash Player.

My system has the following parts

Motherboard: Asus p6x58d premium LGA 1366

CPU: Intel Core I7 930, 4 cores 2.8ghz

Graphics card: SAPPHIRE TOXIC 100282TXSR Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit  GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16

RAM: 6gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 1600

I am using Flash player version 10,1,53,64 and Firefox, but have also noticed this problem with the standalone debug version 10,0,12,36

I have read that the Radeon HD series of video cards were having some 2d acceleration issues, but supposedly this has been fixed and I tried swapping out the video card with a GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit DDR3 PCI  Express 2.0 x16 card and still experienced these problems.

Some example animations that exhibit these problems can be found on:

http://www.berog.com/index.php/as_projects/convex_hulls (click on the white square a few times to create a polygon and then drag the points around) and

http://www.berog.com/index.php/as_projects/composite_animator.(click and drag on the stage).

I greatly appreciate any help that anyone can give.

Thanks

Message was edited by: BeeWrog

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar problem on Windows 7 with Aero enabled.  My ENTER_FRAME event is getting called at 60FPS, but not all of these frames are actually getting drawn to the screen.  I recorded my screen (a 60FPS laptop LCD) with a high speed digital camera (210FPS).  I have a counter which I increment and draw on every ENTER_FRAME.  Sometimes the counter does indeed increment by 1 on the recording.  But it also increments by 2 and even occasionally 3!  Of course, there are more frames on the recording between the increment when the increment gap is bigger.

The only fixes I've found for getting a smooth framerate are either running the swf in fullscreen more or putting wmode=direct in the object tag.  The fact that I can get my code to run smoothly without changing any logic seems to indicate that the flaw isn't completely in my update or draw logic. 

The problem is that I don't have full control over the wmode paramater, as I'm giving my swf to partner websites that have their own ideas about what they want wmode to be. 

So I'm wondering if I just may be doing something to anger the flash gods, and is there a way to appease them in order to attain this wonderfully smooth framerate without wmode=direct, fullscreen, or sacrificing animals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines