Skip navigation
SomeSillyTextHere
Currently Being Moderated

How to convert PDF/A to Adobe PDF

Jul 5, 2010 2:41 PM

I have some PDF/A files that I need to edit (add/remove/reorder pages). If the file is in PDF/A mode all the commands are disabled. Is there a way to convert the file to Adobe PDF for editing?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2010 7:47 PM   in reply to SomeSillyTextHere

Just set the preference not to use PDF/A mode File->Preferences

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2010 5:02 AM   in reply to MichaelKazlow

Just set the preference not to use PDF/A mode File->Preferences

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!!  That preference is set the way it is in order to ensure that PDF/A files are processed by Adobe Acrobat/Reader according to the rules of the PDF/A standard.  If you change that preference, there is a chance that the PDF will display quite incorrectly.  See <http://blogs.adobe.com/pdfitmatters/2010/03/details_matter_conforming_ with.html> for details.

The correct answer to the question is to use Preflight's "Remove PDF/A Information", which will turn the PDF/A document back to a standard PDF.

Leonard

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2011 4:21 AM   in reply to SomeSillyTextHere

I reciently had this thing pop up on my software.  I found on line to change the preferences to view in PDF/A mode to Never.  I had to close all the files first and then open Adobe Acobat X, then go to my preferences.  I cannot tell you how unhappy I am with this program.  But I am stuck with it.  It costs too much and does too little of what I need and too much of what I don't need...  On top of that it is bulky as ....  You know.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points