Skip navigation
Taterade92
Currently Being Moderated

Missing Filters Panel

Jul 16, 2010 12:39 PM

Well just like it says, I can't find any filters.

I all I want to do is make something Blur, that's it.

I've done it in Flash 5 before. Plenty of times, now why can't I do it here?

I looked up countless tutorials and helps, and they say "Just open the Filters SubPanel in the Properties Menu" and I look, and it's not there.

I go into the windows, nothing about filters.

I've got Flash CS5. Help me find some filters?

Thanks.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2010 1:03 PM   in reply to Taterade92

it's part of the properties panel in cs5.  click on an object that can have filters (like a movieclip) and scroll down the properties panel.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2011 10:13 AM   in reply to Taterade92

I am encountering the same problem. I'm running Flash CS5 on a brand new iMac computer running OS 10.6.6. My specific complaint is that I can't find any flters listed at all in my Filters menu within the Properties Panel. My general complaint is that Flash seems "buggy". I often can't replicate exercises found in the Adobe or Lynda.com Flash instruction tutorials for CS5, despite doing every procedure demonstrated to the letter.

To repeat, when I open up the Filters menu in the Properties Panel to add a filter to a Text Field (as suggested and shown in the Lynda.com tutorial) I see NO filters present at all in my Filters menu.

I have reinstalled my Adobe CS5 Master Collection twice already to try and resolve Flash's poor performance issues, to little effect. What is wrong with my Flash CS5 program that it is performing so poorly? And how can I get my library of Flash filters to show up in the Filters Menu? Any helpful suggestions would be most appreciated. My calls to Adobe directly are always routed to overseas call centers, where after ineffectually mincing with scripted promises of help for 15 minutes, a robotic tech support person finally tells me they will have to call me back, which they never do (I couldn't be more unhappy with the byzantine structure of Adobe's technical support system).

Thanks for any offer of help to resolve this matter!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2011 5:43 AM   in reply to Taterade92

If it helps, I just had the same problem on Mac with CS4 / CS5. Thought I was going mad as I saw the Filters panel and then a little while after it had disappeared.

I realised it was due to changing my Publish Settings. If you target Flash Player v7 or lower, the filters don't show. Flash Player v 8 or higher will show the Filters panel.

Having the Filters panel showing with a message that it's unsupported for the Flash Player version I had targeted would have been much clearer!

Hope this helps someone else.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2013 1:30 PM   in reply to Taterade92

Same issue here with Flash CS6.  No filters section under the Properties Dialog box.  Anyone sort out a fix for this?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2013 7:02 PM   in reply to zradguy

I just had this issue and fixed it by changing the object from a graphic to a movie clip. Not sure if that'll help for y'all, but it fixed it for me.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points