• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

finding the week number of the current date

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2007 Aug 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a table with a schedule of events. each row consists of a date and time for the event, and a week number based on a tuesday-monday week.

what i woudl liek to do is to take the current date and determine which week number it falls in.

can someone help me out with this? i just cant seem to figure it out.

i am thinking that basically i woudl look at the schedule table and grab the date of the first event. we knwo the first event will be in week 1. then we can look at eh date of that event and determine the beginnign and end of that week.

the trick woudl be, once we have that information, how to count weeks and determint how many weeks from week 1, todays date is.

any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2007 Aug 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I would create a Calendar table. This table would contain columns such as: Date, Day, Month, Year, DayOfWeek, DayOfYear, WeekdayFlag, WeekendFlag, WeekofYear, FiscalYear, DayOfFiscalYear, WeekOfFiscalYear, etc.

Insert a few thousand records into this table with the correct values according to your business rules. This table will now hold your business logic regarding dates.

Then, you can query upon this table to find just about anything you need regarding dates. Since you already have information in a table, you can also join to the Calendar table and pull all the information in one swoop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation