Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player proxy support...

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

First off, an apology if this is a subject that’s been discussed to death already, but I can’t find any good documentation to answer the ultimate question – does Flash Player support the use of local proxy settings?

By this I mean, is it able to read settings from IE, or the registry (let’s just assume were talking about standard Flash 10.1 Windows 32-bit here), and send proxy style CONNECT methods (either x.x.x.x:1935 or 443, 80 etc) and possibly respond to 407 authentication requests.

I’ve seen Flash player send CONNECT methods before, and other times it’s always trying to go direct. I’m keen to know what decides this, server based configuration etc.

I’m afraid I have no Flash development skills, but do understand networks and it’s always been a pain trying to determine when Flash might go direct, or honour the Proxy settings, and your help to understand this decision making and get this question finally answered would be most appreciated J

Thanks,

Payne747

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to apologize; this forum's search feature is lousy, and even if the topic has been discussed before, it would be very hard to find.

Actually it had been discussed before, but that was regarding Flash Player 10.0; I don't think it ever came up for Flash Player 10.1.

Unfortunately I do not know if there are any improvments for 10.1; perhaps you could try to raise the issue in the Labs forum at http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/flashplayer10/flashplayer10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 24, 2010 Jul 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash offers several APIs for remote communication. Those that are HTTP based are actually not implemented in the Flash Player itself, but are inside the browser. So Flash Player asks the browser to download URL X, and the browser does that. If the browser has a proxy configured for URL X, then the browser will use that.

Apart from HTTP based connections there are also raw socket connections, RTMP connectios and the peer-to-peer connections. For those programming proxy support into the connection is the responsibility of the programmer developing the Flash application. I am not aware of the existence of any APIs in browsers that would allow a plugin to read proxy settings from the browser configuration, so I don't think that can be automated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines