Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit text in a pdf file?

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm an Adobe Reader novice. I've scanned a document into Adobe Reader 9 and which to delete some text from it. I can't scan the document into wordpad as it doesn't pick up the logo on the letterhead, I've also got Omnipage 15.0 but when I convert the pdf into a word document the logo isn't picked up and the document layout is confused.

I really hope someone can help me.

Many thanks

Rachel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you can't edit a document in Reader - you need Acrobat to do this.

Even in Acrobat, it will be hard to delete content from a scanned document (at least in a manner that someone else reading it cannot make out that you have done so). If you don't care about that, Redaction in Acrobat can help in deleting the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

How does Redaction work, what do I need to do? I just want the sentence removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does Redaction work, what do I need to do?

Again, not available in Reader (in case you missed that) but it's rather simple in Acrobat.

You use the redact tools to select what you want removed then hit apply. This will not only remove the visible text but the meta data as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Acrobat 9 Pro as a trial. What do I need to do now? I have tried to delete the text but it's not happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very easy task to edit text properties with Touchup text tool for me. And I also backup a pdf editing tool to edit text in PDF file with the same effect.
They all have one thing in common is that makes text editing like a way of editing Word document. I don't like to convert PDF for editing, frequently I will lose formatting and get gibberish. Directly edit within PDF files is what I want.

Message was edited by: LoriAUC to remove URL promotion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A pdf file from scanner is an image-based file so the text of it is not independent existed and not searchable. Usually it can't be converted to a word document. An OCR program will help you extract text from a scanned pdf file. Or you can erase text on the top of the pdf file in Photoshop program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a quick video tutorial that explains how to edit text in a scanned PDF using Acrobat X Std. or Pro.

[Click to watch on the AdobeTV site]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines