Skip navigation

CS5 Mac Kuler - Not connected to the internet

Mar 14, 2011 6:25 PM

Latest reply: Arxibol, Mar 28, 2013 2:09 AM
Branched to a new discussion.
Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 14, 2011 6:54 AM   in reply to Clarkem

I'm glad the one-off workaround is satisfactory for you. I can't take credit for it - I was just repeating some previously mentioned info by smarter folks than me.

However, to any mods/employees reading: the network connectivity, permissions, etc. is NOT an issue for me and we can see in previous posts for others, either.

So, we're back to square one and I don't believe it's accurate to let this be listed as possibly answered when we all have 100% failure still after previous solutions and a couple thousand page views from others who may be experiencing this.

I'm not angry - I just don't want this to be dropped because the folks who are more skilled than I are running out of momentum on this. Kuler and CS5 are both Adobe products/services... I think Adobe is in the best position to solve this.

I'd be happy to keep troubleshooting - but after previous experiences and reading from others I think I'll have to decline a re-install test. So, if there's anything else I can test against it'd be my pleasure to try.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2011 4:14 PM   in reply to DanoDSM

Hey folks...

While always glad to learn that  a fellow flounderer has found even a brief

respite, I'll have to second the comment that, as anyone who has been

following this epic quest from its  early beginnings will recall, this "fix"

was proposed and quickly recognized as a limited solution for a lucky few.

Sorry about that, but here's hoping it continues to work for some folks.

Cheers,

Terry Peckham

Mitaka-shi, Shimorenjaku 2-12-23

Mikasa Haim #101

Tokyo, Japan 181-0013

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2011 6:21 PM   in reply to Scuzzi01

To all of those still experiencing this issue:

It is true that uninstalling/reinstalling the software has not fixed the issue for everyone, or at least it appeared to be only a temporary fix for some.

In order to find out the root cause of this problem, and therefore determine the permanent fix, we need some additional information from at least a few of those that are having this issue.

When you use services like Kuler in CS5 applications, a log file is created that we can use to help identify the cause of the failure. It is called AMT3.log and is created in your computer's "temp" folder.

This document details where these "temp" folders are:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/834/cpsid_83478.html

On Mac OS, a quick way in the Finder is to choose Go > Go To Folder, type /tmp and click Go.

On Windows Vista or Windows 7, a quick way to get to the "temp" folder is to click Start, type %temp% into the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

On Windows XP, a quick way is to choose Start > Run, type %temp% into the Open text box, and then click OK or press Enter.

Since the forums don't support attachments, please e-mail the amt3.log file to us: kulersvc@adobe.com

In your message, please also let us know whether you are using a trial or a purchased product, since it will help us to identify the cause.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2011 3:27 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

on OS, my tmp folder cannot be found.

Checking and unchecking the additional plug ins in PS has enabled kuler, but as previously mentioned, there is no function to do this in Indy or Illustrator, which is where I personally need it the most.

Anything else that could be done inside these applications?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2011 7:58 AM   in reply to Joni Strudwick

Hi Joni,

What OS version do you have? Assuming it's a Mac, go to the Apple > About This Mac to see the exact version there.

Your system has a /tmp folder, but it's not visible if you try to navigate to it via Finder. By choosing Go > Go To Folder, you can navigate to it, though. Did you use this method?

Other than the solutions presented here so far, which work for some, there's not much else we can advise until we get more information. Please answer the above questions so we can proceed to the next step.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2011 8:12 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

Hi there,

I have 10.5.8.

On further inspection I neglected to type the / so I have found it now.

I will trawl through the forum again and try to work out what I need to do

with it again!

Many thanks for your reply.

Best wishes

Joni

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2011 8:25 AM   in reply to Joni Strudwick

Great, Joni.

You're looking for the amt3.log file to e-mail it to us: kulersvc@adobe.com

More details in the post above from February 2nd.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2011 2:11 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

That's great, cheers Carey.

Enc.

Much appreciated!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2011 12:15 PM   in reply to Scuzzi01

Same problem here too. CS5 Kuler won't connect. (All updated). Mac os 10.6.6 as well.

No problem on an other mac with CS4 (All updates done).

Oh Gosh how / where to start to fix this issue? 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2011 12:33 PM   in reply to civodul56

Hi, civodul56 and welcome to the Adobe user-to-user forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with the Kuler panel.

We'd like to help you get this issue resolved, but we need some diagnostic information from you in order to do so.

Please see my post above from February 2nd for instructions. Reply if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

- Carey B.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2011 3:39 PM   in reply to Scuzzi01

LoL  I thought I was going to find a easy fix for this.  I had no idea this issue goes back asd far as it does.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2011 5:42 PM   in reply to Scuzzi01

hi, in my case helped:

2go to Pref->Plugs->Allow Extensions to Connect to the Internet

unmark->OK->mark agin

but it solved only for photoshop, if any one know where same setting in illustrator it vould be much appriciated

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2011 5:47 PM   in reply to antokhio

Sorry to say, my friend, that this has been one of the "solutions" on offer

for a long long time. As you note, it is not a complete solution to the

problem. For most of us, it doesn't work even for Photoshop.

Cheers,

Terry Peckham

Mitaka-shi, Shimorenjaku 2-12-23

Mikasa Haim #101

Tokyo, Japan 181-0013

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2011 1:07 PM   in reply to Scuzzi01

I'm having the same problem. All above methods tried without success. But I remember I once succeeded to open Kuler with my CS5 (English) on Windows 7.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 6:27 PM   in reply to kmc.best

Hi kmc.best!

We believe we have found the solution, but we need a little information from you to confirm it.

Please see my post above from February 2nd for instructions. Reply if you have any questions.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 9:26 PM   in reply to Carey Burgess

Hello Carey, Thanks for your help.

I have scrupulously followed your instructions.  On my system there is no such file (Mac OSX updated to 10.6.6)

Best regards

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 9:34 PM   in reply to Carey Burgess

Well it may be a moot point for me now. My hire decided to do a system cleanup to all of his computers. We're all on login accounts. I don't think any of us have admin privileges. Even my wacom settings profile doesnt have permission to reload.

If he does finally have a proper IT guy/geek then this will be something he can tackle if he so desires. Looks like I'm back to using the website for selections.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2011 8:46 AM   in reply to civodul56

Hi, civodul56.

First, open your CS5 application and attempt to use Kuler. This will create the log.

Then, in the Finder, choose Go > Go To Folder, type /tmp, and click Go.

In the Finder window that opens, locate the amt3.log file.

If you do not locate the log file using this method, let me know.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2011 9:15 AM   in reply to DanoDSM

Hey DanoDSM,

You should not need administrator access to use the Kuler panel, but in a more locked down environment like that the network connection may be restricted. Best of luck to you.

Let us know if we can help.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2011 8:50 AM   in reply to Scuzzi01

Now Kuler can't connect to Internet in CS4 too. Earlier, Kuler worked fine in CS4 (even when it does not work in CS5). I think updating Adobe Flash buried my Kuler CS4, because before updating (to v.10,2,154,25) all worked fine (exclude Kuler CS5, which stopped to connecting to Internet long time ago).

So, maybe all problems with Kuler on Mac and Win relate to Adobe Flash (which Kuler is based on)?

UPD: After updating Adobe AIR my Kuler CS4 working again! This is really kind of magic. Here is a new suspect in the case of "Not connected to Internet" - Adobe AIR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2011 10:55 PM   in reply to Scuzzi01

I am having the same problem with my Kuler panel on photoshop CS5 (W7 64bit).  Not sure what to do at this point but I love having it work and when it doesn't...well my world just seems so dull and colorless! 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2011 4:37 PM   in reply to AREA Photo + Design

Hello, AREA Photo + Design. Welcome to the Adobe user-to-user forums!

I would like to help you get this sorted out.

See my post above from February 2nd for details. Reply if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2011 4:51 PM   in reply to Arxibol

Hi Arxibol.

It's good to hear that you were able to solve it for CS4 by updating Adobe AIR.

Are you still having issues with the Kuler panel in CS5?
    If so, see my post above from February 2nd to find out what we need to help you.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2011 9:02 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

Hi, Carey Burgess. Yes, Kuler in CS5 still can't connect to Internet. So I must jumping between CS4 and CS5, because CS4 make possible using of Kuler, and CS5 provides necessary tools such as Width Tool or Perspective Tool (I'm using Kuler mainly in Illustrator).

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2011 6:32 AM   in reply to antokhio

This worked for me to! Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2011 10:52 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

This solved both the Kuler panel nonfunctioning problem and the CSLive services login problem I was having. Thanks for the help.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2011 10:26 AM   in reply to Scuzzi01

Think I'm found a root of problem. Kuler can't connect to Internet because lot of Ukrainian ISPs has been blocked after many spammers attacks. This explains the issue with a visit sites which web-adress begins from forums.adobe.com. Maybe, access to Kuler is restricted by Adobe too.

Even If this is explanation of problem, that's right only for Ukraine and maybe for few other countries.

I've posted this reply via Opera Turbo, because I can't access Adobe Forums through simple browsing. I've used check-host.net to check my theory and I've got "403 Forbidden" for forums.adobe.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2011 4:09 PM   in reply to Carey Burgess

Hi I have the same problem.  I cannot connect to my kuler pallets (but I use to be able too).  I get an error message saying that it cannot pull up kuler because it's not connected to the internet.  But I am connected, and I also checked my preferences and the box with the allow extensions to connect to internet is checked as well. Futher more, I updated my browser's latest version of flash.  And it's still not working.  I did what you recommended to do by going to the Finder and choosing the Go > Go To Folder, type /tmp and doubble clicking (because I did not see "go").  And this is what came

2011-12-22 15:31:26 [324]  AMT: DoISOTagging() License Status = serialized

2011-12-22 15:31:26 [324]  AMT: DoISOTagging() Tags 922999681850633371747500; 5.0; UNKNOWN

2011-12-22 15:31:26 [324]  AMT: DoISOTagging() Product Version 5; 0

2011-12-22 15:31:26 [324]  AMT: AMT: Product License Validated.

2011-12-22 15:31:26 [324]  performance: AMTValidateProductLicense took 25.503000 ms

2011-12-22 15:31:36 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 1.492000 ms

2011-12-22 15:32:17 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 1.310000 ms

2011-12-22 15:38:28 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 1.548000 ms

2011-12-22 15:38:28 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 0.814000 ms

2011-12-22 15:38:30 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 1.427000 ms

2011-12-22 15:38:30 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 0.733000 ms

2011-12-22 15:38:30 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 0.760000 ms

2011-12-22 15:38:30 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 0.749000 ms

2011-12-22 15:38:59 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 1.488000 ms

2011-12-22 15:38:59 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 0.842000 ms

2011-12-22 15:39:01 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 1.250000 ms

2011-12-22 15:39:01 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 0.648000 ms

2011-12-22 15:39:01 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 0.863000 ms

2011-12-22 15:39:01 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 0.654000 ms

2011-12-22 15:39:15 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 1.553000 ms

2011-12-22 15:40:19 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 1.482000 ms

2011-12-22 15:45:25 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 1.231000 ms

2011-12-22 15:59:20 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 1.599000 ms

2011-12-22 15:59:20 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 0.819000 ms

2011-12-22 15:59:20 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 0.927000 ms

2011-12-22 15:59:20 [324]  performance: AMTPlugPlugRequest took 0.730000 ms

This is a purchased product and It is CS5.  I would very much apprecaite your help.  Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2012 5:02 PM   in reply to giselaliga

Hi giselaliga,

That looks like the content inside the amt3.log file but it doesn't look complete.

Go > Go To Folder, type /tmp (assuming you are on a mac), the Go button is on the same window that you type /tmp?

go_folder.jpg

Maybe run through Carey's post again and let me know if you still have difficulties.

post above from February 2nd

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2012 11:03 AM   in reply to David__B

Hi there Dave,

I've read Carey's and all the others comments but I have not found a solution.  I am on a mac and I have no problem running the (Go > Go To Folder, type /tmp (assuming you are on a mac), the Go button is on the same window as that you type the /tmp) but I get a dialog box filled with different files and folders.  And I'm not sure what to do next.  I don't see anything labeled amt3.log.  And the file content I sent you in the last message that doesn't look complete was what I ran last month when I did the same thing.  I've gone to Carey's Feb 2 post but it doesn't tell me on my own how to fix the problem.  If you could or anybody can help me I would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2012 11:21 AM   in reply to giselaliga

Hi giselaliga,

Thanks for the reply and your patience. We'll see if we can figure this out. I'm on a Mac too. For me after clicking the Go button in the Go to Folder window I get another window that has the amt3.log file listed along with other temp files. This is what I see.

log.jpg

The amt3.log file gets written to when you using Kuler from within on the supporting apps, like in Photoshop CS5 for example when you go to Window > Extensions > Kuler. What program were you attempting to use Kuler within when you got the "Not connected to the internet message"? You're still getting it correct? Do you use any firewall software on your Mac other than the one included with the OS?

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to giselaliga

Hi giselaliga,

Glad you found the log, please email it to kulersvc@adobe.com

They will review it and follow up with you regarding the cause.

Thanks,

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2012 9:57 PM   in reply to Scuzzi01

A quick search reveals that this issue has been posted on the net since 2008 and is still unresolved in 2012. Looking for a solution in the Adobe Forums or the entrails of a chicken produces the same results.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to leomarie

Hi leomarie,

Although the issue has been around for sometime it does get resolved. The solution is different for different people and requires emailing the amt3.log to better understand the cause in each particular case. If you are experiencing the issue as well, please collect the log and email it to the kulersvc@adobe.com so we can better assist you.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 10:48 AM   in reply to David__B

You see, David, such responses, polite as they are, make cusomers shy away from Adobe. This is NOT the way you solve issues. You release a PATCH. Universal, that solves the problem for EVERYBODY. Adobe had 4 years to come with one. Their inability to do just that shows indiference or just lack of knowledge. You had enough time to understand the issue, now fix it... that's why we pay money for your stuff, because it includes support for non-pirated copies.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 11:13 AM   in reply to Undon3

Razielish,

I understand your sentiment and position. However, this particular issue is not one which affects everyone and unfortunately not something which could be resolved by a patch. Those experiencing the behavior that email their log files in are worked with on a case by case basis to assist in finding a solution. If you are experiencing the issue I would encourage you to do the same.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 12:11 PM   in reply to DanoDSM

Hi Dano,

Have you tried pinging this and check whether your Mac is able to reach Kuler servers or not:

Launch the terminal app within Mac and type this command: ping kuler.adobe.com -t

You should see the following messages to confirm that you Mac is able to reach Kuler server:

Pinging kuler.adobe.com [76.74.170.30] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 76.74.170.30: bytes=32 time=273ms TTL=234

Reply from 76.74.170.30: bytes=32 time=273ms TTL=234

Reply from 76.74.170.30: bytes=32 time=275ms TTL=234

Kuler server address is 76.74.170.30 .

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 4:04 AM   in reply to PrintFusion45

I'm still wonder why my Illustrator CS4 is working with Kuler fine, but CS5 Kuler can't connect.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 4:36 PM   in reply to Arxibol

Please send your amt3.log to kulersvc@adobe.com and we can investigate to better understand the cause in your case.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2012 5:10 PM   in reply to David__B

I also having problems connecting to Kuler, Firewall is completely turn off, connected to the Internet, speed is very good, using CS 5 illustrator, what the next step?

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points