Skip navigation
Ricky_Rock
Currently Being Moderated

File export size problem (PNG,JPG ....) - CS5

Jul 22, 2010 12:17 PM

I am using trial of Adobe Illustrator CS5.

When ever I export file (RGB) to PNG or JPG format, there is size difference of 1px in width or hight or both.

But when I save that file with Save for Web & Devices option, then there is no such issue.

I have tested with so many files.

I didn't faced such problem with Illustrator 4.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 22, 2010 12:28 PM   in reply to Ricky_Rock

I had this problem in CS3 and it was totally random.  I had to double check everything I saved to be sure it was the proper size.  I'm now on 5 and have had this same problem randomly happen.  I never did find a solution, I just had to be aware of which sides the extra pixels appeared on and then open that png or jpeg or bmp in Photoshop to resize and resave it.  Not much of an answer, but I feel your pain.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2010 11:49 PM   in reply to Ricky_Rock

Shouldn't really happen, but make sure you align everything properly with the pixel grid and don't use fractional values on effects such as drop shadows. AI's point/ inch centric math may simply produce wrong rounding results and extend the images to accommodate what it thinks are valid pixels...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2011 12:29 PM   in reply to Ricky_Rock

I'm seeing this as well. Doesn't happen for the default artboard, but if you add a new one it shows up when exporting.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2013 9:54 PM   in reply to Ricky_Rock

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers