Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RTMP video/audio format

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to make a software which sends video and audio data to a flash media server by using RTMP protocol.

Currently, my program can communicate with a flash media server correctly.

RTMP specifications does not describe about the raw data in video/audio messages, so I muxed raw H.264 and AAC data into video/audio messages and sent to the server.

The server seems to accept them, but a video player cannot playback the stream sending from the server.  The player just says "Loading..."

For a test purpose, I sniffed the network packets between Wirecast and the flash media server and ripped off only video and audio data.  Then, I muxed those data into video/audio message and sent to the flash media server.  In this case, the video player connected to the server can playback the stream correctly.

I checked the stream sent from Wirecast, the stream seems not to be H.264 raw data because those data are not started from 0x17 instead of H.264 start code.

With those situation, I am wondering what kind of container format I should use for H.264/AAC data to the flash media server.

Does anyone have idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try appending "mp4:" to the stream name.. Are you playing the livestream or recorded file. Try to record the file as mp4.. you just need to append mp4: in the stream name to do that.  For example, if you stream is "abc" .. use "mp4:abc" in the publish as well as play option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NpComplete,

Thank you very much for your answer. 😃

I am trying "livestream" one.  I added "mp4:" to both of stream name which is sent to the server from my test program and the video player, but nothing seems to be changed.

I am compared my H.264 stream with the stream which is received/sent by Wirecast/UStream and determined that their stream is completely different from mine.

The video/audio packets in their stream seems to be video/audio packets muxed with FLV packets.  I'll try to mux my v/a packets by FLV v/a packets.

But, I am still wondering is there any way to use H.264/AAC raw stream instead of FLV packed ones?  I don't think it's the only way to mux v/a data into rtmp packets.

Does anyone have advice or idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2010 Jul 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh.. you mean to say, you are sending the raw stream and not packing it into rtmp messages.. FMS only understand the rtmp and will try to intrepret your data as rtmp chunkstream.. and if you send raw stream, it is bound to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you try rtmp sdk.. if you wanna write your own publisher/encoder ..you may contact FMSOEMinquiries@adobe.com with you project description and company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Adobe Flash Media Server Connector for C++ version 1.6.1.0.

I managed to stream on the one hand a stream with H264 video only (i.e. rtmp://myserveradress:1935/live/video1) and on the other hand a stream with AAC audio only (i.e. rtmp://myserveradress:1935/live/audio1).

Although I am able to stream simultaneously video and audio, I don’t manage to play both streams from the server in this case.

Is it possible to stream audio and video to the same url (i.e. rtmp://myserveradress:1935/live/mymedia) ?

How can I stream a media which contains both video and audio that will be play simultaneously ?

Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you tell me how to get the RTMP SDK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NpComplete, Thank you for your answer.

Hmm, No. I muxed raw H.264/AAC stream into rtmp video/audio messages and divided into rtmp chunks, then send to the server.

The problem is that the stream in rtmp video/audio messages is NOT usual raw H.264/AAC data.

It seems to be muxed data for FLV video/audio which is described in FLV specs.  And, the rtmp specs does not mention about it at all.

flv specs: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flv/

rtmp specs: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/rtmp/

I am still reverse-engineering the Wirecast stream to find out what kind of muxing format it is.  Because it is seemingly FLV video/audio muxed data, but also it seems to be little bit different from them.

Also, thank you for telling about FMS/rtmp sdk, but I didn't notice that before implementing rtmp protocol into my program.

And, I already implemented rtmp protocol into my program correctly, so the problem is only data which are inside rtmp video/audio message.

Even so, just in case, I'll contact to adobe to get the SDK. 😃

Do you know about the muxing format inside rtmp video/audio message for H.264/AAC?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aki24x,

I am also facing a similar problem. Where you able to find the specification which describes the format in which audio and video are to be sent in RTMP?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am also facing a similar problem. Is it necessary to encrypt the handshake so that the Flash player will render the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio and video should be muxed in FLV and streamed to the server. No need to encrypt the handshake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I just want to send only the video data to flash player. Do you have any specification which describes the format in which video packets are to be sent in RTMP?

I have used ffplay client which support RTMP video rendering. Its say that HandShake: client signature does not match! and [h264] no frame.

i just formed an rtmp header for video data, read frame from file(mp4) form it has rtmp body and sent to flash or ffplay.

Can you explain more details on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The required information are in "Video File Format Specification Version

10" which you can get from Adobe site. The section "FLV File Format"

describes how audio and video FLV packets have to be created. These FLV

packets can then be sent using RTMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had another problem. Flash player was not sending createstream command to my rtmp server software. Handshakes, connect and Window Acknowledgement Size are received from Flash player to my rtmp server. Flash player stop sending commands after Window Ack Size. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you solved the problem which you faced. Can you provide me the details or any document for this. I'm aslo facing the same problem as you said.

I already implemented rtmp protocol into my server program correctly.  Problem is only with the video data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, who can send me an rtmp sdk or tell me how to get the sdk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please drop a mail to ams-sales@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines