• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 10 installed but not running

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe Flash Player 10 from the adobe site, and it said that it installed successfully, but when I try to watch videos on facebook or youtube it says I need to download flash player.  I tried installing it again, but the install window just popped up again and said it was already installed.  I restarted my computer several times, but flash player still won't run. I need help please!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, You need to furnish some information before anyone can help you.

Please read this:http://forums.adobe.com/thread/657743

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Windows 7 and am using Internet Explorer 8.  I am using Adobe Flash Player 10.1.53.64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. IE8 has thru Tools>Manage add ons the Toolbars & Extensions. Where it says Show, look for "currently loaded". You want to find the Shockwave Flash Object and make sure it is Enabled. It should also have Flash10h.ocx and or vs 10.1.53.64 listed.

Let me know on that.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I did exactly what you said, but none of those were listed under "currently loaded."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think there are 4 categories there. Is there an All add ons listed? I would check all of the categories to be sure it isn't listed.

Did you receive any error messages when trying to Install? Are you the Administrator and use that Account when Installing?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to all add-ons but the flash player was still not listed, only shockwave.

I did not receive any error mesage when trying to install, and I am the administrator and used that account when installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, It appears that the Shockwave Flash Object was not Installed for some reason. Go to this test site and let me know if you can see the animation and what version of Flash Player is says you have.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Then post back your Anti-Virus/Firewall info. I'm assuming you used the Adobe Uninstaller prior to Installing, so let me know if you did not.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see the animation, and I don't think I used the Adobe Uninstaller? I have McAffee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok. I'll give you the instructions that you need to follow. Now McAfee must be Disabled otherwise it will block the Install of that Shockwave Flash Object. In addition to Disabling it, you will have to check it at certain steps in the process, since it will re-enable itself and block the Install.

First, some pre-Un/In steps to take. Go to Tools, Internet Options and make sure Security is set to Medium for the Internet Zone. You can do this now. Next, take a look in the system tray and know how to disable any applications that use Flash(messenger services, etc.)

Download the Uninstaller and SAVE it to your Desktop:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
Download the Flash Player Installer for Internet Explorer and SAVE it to your Desktop:
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Disable any apps in system tray that would use Flash
Disable McAfee
Close all browsers, you'll just be looking at the Desktop
RUN the Uninstaller. When it is finished, Reboot(restart) your computer. Allow it to fully Reboot. Then check McAfee for all of the components that you Disabled to make sure it did not re-enable. Then Reboot again(to clear out old files) Then check McAfee again.(If McAfee has re-enabled either time you check, then Disable as you did before)
When fully Rebooted, RUN the Installer for Internet Explorer. Reboot Once.
Now Re-enable your McAfee if needed; since it may have already re-enabled after that Reboot..

You may want to print this out so it will be easier to follow. When you are finished, go to the test site and post back the results.

Then go to the add ons and see if the Shockwave Flash Object is now Installed and Enabled.

Let me know if you have any questions.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, I did everything you told me, but it did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what didn't work? The Uninstall, Install? What messages did you receive?

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything said it worked, both the uninstall and install said they were successful, but when I went to a site that required flash player, it didn't work, and the add-on for flash player was not present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, There are only two reasons that the add on didn't Install. Either the account you used was not the Administrator or McAfee blocked it. If you are sure you used the Administrator account, then what version of McAfee do you have?

When you Rebooted after the Uninstall and check McAfee, was it re-enabled? Did you check it after the second Reboot?

McAfee automatically re-enables after a Reboot. When you were finished with the Installer and checked McAfee was it enabled or did you have to enable it?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure I am the administrator, as I am the only user on the computer, and I have McAfee verison 9.15.  I didn't reboot after the uninstall and install, but I restarted my computer (I was not sure if I was to totally reboot or just restart).  I disabled the internet and email protection of McAfee before everything, and both times after I restarted they were still disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you set up the computer then the Administrator account would have been the first one you set up.

Reboot is the same as Restart. Because of McAfee, is why I put the steps in to restart and then check if McAfee was still disabled, then restart again to clear old files, then check McAfee again to make sure it was Disabled before running the Installer. If you didn't follow that, then most likely McAfee was not Disabled when you ran the Installer and blocked it.

Did you have to set a timer on McAfee? McAfee has several different settings so you need to open the program and make sure the components are  disabled.

I need the name of McAfee, since they have many different programs. You might want to go to the McAfee site and find out how to disable the components.

Let me know.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried to check the version of McAfee here on their site, and you can see it is difficult as there are so many:

http://home.mcafee.com/Store/Store7.aspx?cid=60460  Hopefully you will be able to find the one you have easier than I can.

Once we know that, then we'll be able to find out what all needs disabled. Some of these Anti-Virus programs do not make it easy.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2010 Jul 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly have no idea what version of McAfee I have, as it does not say when I run the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, some of these anti-virus programs can be so aggravating! Right click on the icon that is in your system tray and click on Properties. That should tell you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it says McAfee MISP Shell, version 9.15.160

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. I have to be offline for awhile, will post back later.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is what I found on McAfee. I found another post that suggested to Uninstall it and use the Removal Tool and then when the person was done Installing other software, to Install McAfee again  I think if I had to do that, I'd just leave it Uninstalled. A person could spend hours on their website searching and hardly find what you are searching for.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open Security Center
Click Advanced Menu (bottom left)
Click Configure (left)
Click Computer & Files (top left)

You can disable VirusScan in the riught-hand module and tell it for how long. For the installation of a service pack I recommend using "Never", but don't forget to re-enable it afterwards.

Click Internet & Network (top left)

You can do the same with Firewall there, although that shouldn't be necessary. If you do that, enable Windows Firewall for the duration of the installation.

That's all you need to disable.

Hope that helps. If you want to try again, be sure to check McAfee per my instructions.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, it still didn't work.  I did everything you said to do! I don't understand, I've had this laptop for about 7 months, and one day flash player just stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just read this whole topic for the first time, and I noticed that there is one question that has never been asked / answered: do you run the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer 8, by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2010 Jul 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't run the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines