Skip navigation
DAJINKYA
Currently Being Moderated

Export PDF to XML

Jul 26, 2010 3:43 AM

Hi,

I am trying to export pdf to xml using Adobe Acrobat Professional.

I can export the data pretty nicely, but it is not exporting the headers/Footers from the PDF.

Is there a way to extract headers/footers of the pdf document?

Thanks

AJ.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2010 5:47 PM   in reply to DAJINKYA

PDF documents don't have "headers" or "footers" - it's all simply page content.

Also, you don't mention what method(s) you are using to export the XML and with what version of Acrobat and SDK.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2010 4:51 AM   in reply to DAJINKYA

That area may be identified as an artifact, so it isn't getting exported.  Without seeing a file, it's difficult to say.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2012 10:14 AM   in reply to DAJINKYA

DAJINKYA wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to export pdf to xml using Adobe Acrobat Professional.

I can export the data pretty nicely, but it is not exporting the headers/Footers from the PDF.

Is there a way to extract headers/footers of the pdf document?

Thanks

AJ.

Another way you can do that is to use EDI Link Connect. It can export data from a PDF (headers & footers included). The XML will be structured properly so you can immediately import into the program of your choice. Its intended for Business documents like Orders,Invoices,Shipping,Reports etc. I'm not sure if thats the type of PDFs you're looking for but if it is, that might be something to look at. Here is a link with more info:

Converting PDFs to XML with EDI Link:http://ecdynamics.com/pdf-conversion.php#

as well as another article:

http://softertech.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/importing-pdfs-into-quickbo oks-or-simply-accounting/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points