Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Converting Radio to Checkbox

Jul 26, 2010 10:24 PM

If I use the Form Field Recognition tools to create a form and it creates several Radio Buttons, is there a simple way to convert them to Checkboxes or do I have to delete and redraw manually?  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2010 3:29 AM   in reply to David A Rogers

Select all the radiobuttons and go to the <Option> tab in the Properties box and set the "Button Style" to "Check".

Torben.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2010 2:12 AM   in reply to David A Rogers

Well, you're right that the functionality is different and that this solution is a fake workaround.

If you have a lot of fields, I guess the fastest way to do it, is to optimize you parent document for Form Field Detection before you export to pdf.

This might be of help:

http://www.acrobatusers.com/tutorials/designing-forms-auto-field-detec tion-adobe-acrobat

Maybe someone else in this forum will provide you with a better solution.

Torben.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2010 9:52 AM   in reply to David A Rogers

Give each button the exact same name. Then for each button, go into its Properties, and under the Options tab, choose "check" for button style, and then assign a unique Export Value to each. For example, if you had three checkboxes for the choices "red," "white," and "blue," then you would give the export value of "red" to the first checkbox, "white" to the second," and "blue" to the third. This will make them function as mutually exclusive radio buttons.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points