Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can we save or export a file or a project into .mp4 file format or extension?

Jul 27, 2010 5:51 AM

HI,

Working on a project and wish to know the steps to save or export the project (video clips only) in .mp4 file format in premiere elements 8.0

Thanks in advance.

Vinay

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2010 6:27 AM   in reply to bonhomie1512

Vinay

Take a look at

Mobile Phones and Players

Apple iPod and iPhone

and the preset = iPod and iPhone - High Quality

Then under the preset's Advanced Button, set the settings accordingly

BUT, remember first to set

a. if you want a frame size of 1280 x 720, set the Level = 4.0

b. if you want a frame size of 1920 x 1080, set the Level = 5.0

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2010 8:47 AM   in reply to bonhomie1512

Vinay

Thanks for the follow up.

The route that I suggested is the only one that I know of for export .mp4 video from Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1. And, under the preset's Advanced Button, there is no option to change the Field Order (grayed out) but showing None (Progressive).

I am not clear on your concern about Premiere Elements and progressive video issues. The classical concern has been the import of 1080p video into Premiere Elements when there is no 1080p at 29.97 frames per second project preset, only 1080i. And that concern is fueled by the party line that there is no 1080p export. I have found that those concerns are flawed.

a. for import of 1080p at 29.97 frames per second, you use the NTSC AVCHD Full HD 1080i which will give you the 1920 x 1080 template from which to edit in the Edit Mode Monitor. The Field Order does not impact the editing aspects here, and the program accepts the 1080p import, no problems with the Importer.

b. for 1080p export, you can use Share/Personal Computer/MPEG, using the HD720p30 with Advanced Button settings adjusted to the 1920 x 1080 with progressive frame rate 29.97 frames per second...frame size 1920 x 1080, Field Order Progressive, Pixel Aspect Square Pixels, File extension will be .mpg.

The settings above are NTSC for my location. Depending on your location the settings would be for PAL or NTSC.

If your concerns go to other than that, please explain.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2010 9:44 AM   in reply to bonhomie1512

Vinay

I have had some additional thoughts on the matter.

In the Share/Mobile Phones and Players/Apple iPod and iPhone with the preset iPod and iPhone High Quality, the export was characterized by

MainConcept H.264 Video Codec with a .mp4 wrapper (the file extension). As discussed, there was no choice to alter Field Order in the preset settings under the Advanced Button.

I am not sure if the following would be of interest. This would involve MPEG-4 Video Compression with a .mov wrapper (the file extension), and you do have the option to alter Field Order in the preset settings.

Share/Personal Computer/Quicktime with a preset 128 Dual ISDN. And, under the Advanced Button you would set the codec = MPEG-4 Video, frame size to 1920 x 1080, frame rate 29.97, Field Order progressive, upper field first, or lower field first, etc.

I do not know how the end product quality would compare in your situation.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points