Skip navigation
rnsbobs
Currently Being Moderated

master collection flash cs5 crash win 7 64 bit

Jul 31, 2010 12:28 PM

Hi,

Just installed per above.

opening included templates in Flash CS5 and then telling the program to test the movie within the environment shows Flash trying to export an SWF file and then crashes. the program will alllow the movie to be played inside the environment, however.

debugging yields the same crash:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Flash.exe

Application Version: 11.0.0.485

Application Timestamp: 4badda9d

Fault Module Name: mfc90u.dll

Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.4137

Fault Module Timestamp: 4a455443

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00067956

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

no flash problems in browsers, etc.....nor any known graphics card issues...nvidia quatro fx 1800.

Reboots don't help.

It has not worked once.

DW opens and using one of its templates, no problems so far.

Read about <supposedly> certain .Wacom tablet drivers and flash...don't have any such device installed, but stopped the generic windows tablet service....no change in the problem.

i see the fault module ID, but have no clue what it is or what I should do about it.

can someone direct me to a solution, please?

many thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 1, 2010 11:55 PM   in reply to rnsbobs

Don't know why, but Flash Pro and som eother CS5 products, but Flash especially, seem to love crashing and burning.

It's been a while since you first posted so I would advise you download the 11.0.2 patch, and test out everything.

If that fails try talking to Adobe and see if they have anything useful to say. Be hopeful.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2010 6:35 AM   in reply to dikuno10

Try changing your theme to windows basic (switching off Aero)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2010 2:13 AM   in reply to rnsbobs

This becomes nuts!!! In the last hour my Flash CS5 crashed three times with no work saved each time!!!! It drives me crazy!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2010 5:55 AM   in reply to rnsbobs

I would probably comment each time Flash CS5 crash kills my work and wastes my time!

Will there be any reasonable actions on Flash cs5 crashes at Adobe finally? There are tons of posts about instant Flash CS5 crashes on the official forum, and some are dated back as late as of May! And for half a year no fix and no reaction!? How we should call it?!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2010 1:04 PM   in reply to artoix

I made good experience to move my Flash-Files to a Solid-State-Drive. Never get files get corrupted since then, before i had file corruption every day multiple times... very frustrating.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2012 12:01 PM   in reply to rnsbobs

@rnsbobs - WOW and thanks!  Saving my CS5 FLA file as a CS4 file worked. I have been able to modify & save CS5 files ... just unable to preview or publish them. This workaround works, though I have no idea what measures of degradation to functionality in the output SWF file I'll experience. But at least there is output. Thanks again.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points