• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 10.1.53.64 -swf files stuttering

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a bunch of training courses that are stuttering on HP Pro 6000 desktops after updating to the newest version of flash.   The graphics driver is Intel Q45/Q43.  We have other HP desktops and laptops that play these video just fine with the same version of flash.  If we roll back the flash player to 10.45.2 it start working again.  We have tried a bunch of different updates to some test machines (see below) and none of them have resolved problem.  Our monitors are HP LE2201w.  If I disable and then reenable directx direct3d acceleration it seems to fix the problem, but a reboot it is back at the stuttering again.  (directx version 9.0c (4.09.0000904).  Also have disabled hardware acceleration in adobe settings and the graphics card, but no luck. We have rolled back the OS to HP factory default and still see the issue.  About to open ticket with HP but wanted to check with this forum if anyone has had issues similar to this.

Base Image Drivers

Driver Date

Driver Version

Intel® Q45/Q43 Express Chipset

8/14/2009

Realtek High Definition Audio

7/2/2009

Chipset

4/1/2004

Have Tried update drivers…..

HP Site

Intel Graphics Driver for Microsoft Windows XP

5/5/2010

Chipset update

6/25/2010

9.0.0.1007 Rev A

BIOS update

7/9/2010

1.15 Rev. A

Installed driver for Monitor

Intel Site

Intel Graphics Driver for windows XP

7/26/2010

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

I had the same issue and I followed the following instructions and it resolved the issue.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02509418&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=4024462

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. We've had the exact same issue so I won't go into all the details. Needless to say, we've found no solution but would be interested in what HP has to say. We have 110 HP Pro 6000 desktops deployed and not everyone is complaining, but from our tests, every computer is having the problem. We too have rolled back to 10.45.2 for now, but that is a temporary solution at best. We'll be opening a ticket with HP as well and will post any solution we come across. Please do the same.

Just thought I would let you know that someone else is having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been testing an intel driver update for graphics card and chipset, so

far it has fixed the issue.  In our case it is hit and miss with the flash

issue.  It does not happen on everyone.  Will be doing some more testing on

machines that we find that are broken and will let you know driver info if it

does fix the other machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that. The response from HP was predictable. They pointed to Adobe being the problem, even after I told them that the latest version of Flash works on every other model but the 6000 Pro. We also updated to the latest Intel Driver (6.14.10.5284) from Intel's website, but the problem is still present.  HP was unwilling to troubleshoot the problem so we're left testing each and every driver since our shipment of these computers. Could you tell me what driver you used that works for you?

Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same issues with our HP 6000 Pro computers. Presentations published using Adobe Presenter 7.0.6/PowerPoint 2007 stutters on the 6000 Pro with Flash Player 10.1.53.64. I also tried updating Flash Player to 10.1.82 and 10.1.85 with the same result. It appears to be only happening on the 6000 Pro (with E8500 processor) and our current workaround is to disable one of the cores in the BIOS.

The other workaround is to downgrade to Flash Player 10.0, which is not idea given the security vulnerabilities in this version. Flash Player 9 also plays the Presenter files just fine. I recently updated the Intel Q45/Q43 Express graphics driver to 6.14.10.5284 and still getting the stuttering issue. I have been able to reproduce this problem with Flash 10.1 on IE, Firefox and using the standalone Flash player. A case has been logged with Adobe, but they have not been able to reproduce problem on their end. There has to be an issue specifically related to Flash player 10.1 conflicting with hardware on the 6000 Pro. Whether it's related to the processor, graphics card, or another hardware component, we haven't been able to pinpoint this yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here is the site on hardware acceleration and requirements and other info. It is always suggested to turn off the H.A. and update the graphic and video drivers to the latest versions. Sometimes an improvement is seen with just turning off the H.A. and sometimes the drivers need updated as well.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help01.html

Are you sure that swf files play in Flash Player? I'm not, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and I followed the following instructions and it resolved the issue.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02509418&prodT...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The BIOS setting fixed our issue, which was happening on all our HP Pro 6000 desktops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP called me the other day after our rep escalated the issue and the BIOS change

is the fix they gave to me as well.  It fixed our issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

As anyone tried to apply this fix on a 8000 serie ?

I experience the same issue and I am going to try the same fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this person on this thread used the 8000 series:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3188106#3188106

Hope that helps,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys. The BIOS changed worked for us as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm that the problem applies to 8000.

and

the solution works !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines