Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Drag and Drop in a Creative Suite Extension

Aug 13, 2010 9:54 AM

Hi,

One of the reports we've had about using the Creative Suite SDK is that native drag and drop doesn't work when dragging from an extension to the host application (for example, dragging an image from an extension to be placed in InDesign).

This is something we're very keen to make as easy as possible, to which end I've posted a write-up on the CS SDK blog of how you can achieve this. It works by using the Flash (rather than Flex) manager for dragging, and you can find more detail and a sample extension here.

Happy coding!

James

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 13, 2010 3:35 PM   in reply to James Boag

thanks james, that's great.

woohoo!

d

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2010 9:13 PM   in reply to James Boag

James, thanks for the great article!

After implementing all your techniques I have a couple of questions, and it will be cool, if you can find a time to answer just some of them!

1) Is there a way to force a drop? I mean, without mouse, just like copy and paste an object into current host, without dragging it?

2) Is there a universal way for all hosts to catch a moment just before the drop happened? (Harbs suggested to use a before_place event, but as I can see it only works for InDesign).

3) When I dragged an image of BITMAP_FORMAT type, I even was able to drop it to Fireworks - but not into Flash Pro document. Flash just crashes! Is this is a known issue and maybe some workaround exists?

Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2010 4:10 PM   in reply to Anastasiy Safari

Today I found the workaround for Flash! You just need to create a file from your content and drag this file into the document.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)