Skip navigation
PatM1234
Currently Being Moderated

CS4 - change language?

Aug 13, 2010 7:17 PM

I have CS4 Czech version but need English.

Earlier this year, I puchased CS4 Master Collection (Windows XP) - but the Czech version was shipped - unfortunately, I didn't realize this until recently when I went to install it.   Earlier this year before installing it, my personal computer went down.  I finally just had it fixed - you can imagine my surprise when I found that my only option to install was in the wrong language, Czech.  Naturally I called customer support who sent me to tech support who then sent me back to customer support - an infinite loop with the only out being to upgrade to CS5 for a large fee.   Not only did I just buy CS4 (earlier this year), but my system is 32 bit = 2 good reasons for not upgrading.  So now I seem to be stuck with Czech software - according to my wife, I am still struggling to learn English - so I hope there is a workaround for this?????????

BTW - I have read Mylenium's tips for changing the language for After Effects (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/657200) - excellent stuff - hopefully there are similar suggestions for the other components of CS 4 Master Collection - especially the ones related to Video Editing (Premiere, Encore, Bridge, etc)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2010 7:00 AM   in reply to PatM1234

Here are instructions for running After Effects CS4 in English, even if you've installed it in another language:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2009/02/running-after-effects-cs4-i n-e.html

But we don't even have a Czech version of After Effects, so aren't you running After Effects in English from a Czech Master Collection, anyway?

If you have questions about changing languages for other applications, please ask about those applications on their respective forums. Those of us here won't necessarily know about the other applications as well as people on the forums for those applications will.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2010 8:58 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

BTW, if you send me your case number regarding your case with Customer Service, I'll see if someone won't help you with the claim that you ordered English and got Czech. If Adobe made a mistake and sent you the wrong software, we should be able to correct your order.

My email address is kopriva at adobe dot com.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2010 9:42 PM   in reply to PatM1234

> Per your post, I will post on the other forums.  I'm mostly focused on the video editing apps, so I thought folks here might know...

None of the video applications are localized into Czech, so they'll be in English, too.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points