• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading bug (youtube and every other streaming places)

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2010 Aug 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i click on a youtube video or on any other streaming website , the normal page appears , with the video in black with a little dot-made circle telling me its loading . but the problem is , that before , like 5 months ago when i clicked on a video , it started loading and i could watch at the same time what was streamed , but now , it loads like half of the video before allowing me to see anything of it . On youtube , the red bar only appears when its streamed halfway so i cant do anything ...

HELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP

info

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
IE 8
newest flash player

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2010 Aug 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, go back to youtube and bring up any video and RIGHT click on it and click on Settings. Then on the Display Settings, UN check the hardware acceleration feature. This is turned on by default and some users find that it helps to turn it off.

You can reboot or not, but it may help.

See if that is an improvement.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2010 Aug 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but it didnt work ! still gotta wait till its half-way downloaded to watch anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok, then it must be something else. While we are checking, I would leave the hardware acceleration off for now.

Using IE8, go to Tools, Manage add ons. This should bring up Toolbars & Extensions. You will be looking for Shockwave Flash Object...ActiveX Control  and it must be Enabled.  Let me know if the version of Flash Player is listed there also.

Now if you don't find it there, look in the lower mid section for Show, click on the drop down arrow and check each category for it.

Next, go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and post back all files listed there.

We need to confirm that Flash Player is Installed correctly and that Shockwave Flash Object is Installed and Enabled.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its enlabed and the version is the 10.1.82.76

files :
flash10i.ocx
flashauthor
flahsinstall (readme doc)
flashutil10i_activex.dll
flashutil10i_activex
install (readme doc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. All of your Flash Player files are correct and the Shockwave Flash Object also.  The next thing to check is the Anti-Virus program and all add ons they may place in the browser. So post that back, version # if you have it. Since updating the Flash Player have you Installed any new software or Uninstalled anything? Now I know Windows had a lot of updates on 8/10/10, the same day that Adobe updated Flash Player and if you have automatic updates on Windows, perhaps a glitch occurred. I'm not saying that is what is going on, but I'm not ruling it out either since the Flash Player update had many security issues that were included and Windows also.

Did you say you were having this problem with the previous version of Flash Player?

Let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have kapersky 2010 btw

and yea i had this problem for like ...almost 6 months now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. Now KIS came out some time back with a new feature  called URL Advisor that is a plugin for Firefox and an add on for IE. Do you have that? Another user told me it was an extension so I'm not sure.

But go to the same place you found the Shockwave Flash Object and check for it and if you have it, Disable it.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no i dont have it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, but unless KIS decided to not include it in an update it was Installed. They advertised it as a "NEW" feature. So I'll need to check on that. Also what Anti-Virus program did you have prior to KIS? And do you have any other Anti-Virus/Spyware programs on your system? If you made a change in Anti-Virus programs the older ones unless removed with an Uninstaller will still be in your files.

What is running that uses Flash in your system tray that would have an add on in IE?

Can you think of anything you might have done around the time you noticed this happening?

There must be some add on in IE that is conflicting. You may want to post them or you may want to decide to just Uninstall and Install again. But this time it would be better to use the Uninstaller and Installer and do that from your Desktop.

Skype, RealPlayer add ons are two that will conflict. Any AOL "anything?"

Let me know on the above.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i always had KIS and i dont have any other anti-virus programs on my computer .

and yea i got skype but for like a week now , the problem was there before

and do you mean i should uninstall IE ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, ok then that rules that out. No I didn't mean IE!! LOL    I meant Flash Player, due to all of the Windows/Flash Player updates at the same time. I have Installed one or two programs and it causes a glitch in one that I had not had an issue with. So things can happen.

Also with that hardware acceleration it was also recommended to update the graphic and video drivers to the latest versions. You might want to consider that and at least check if they need updated.

Anytime Flash Player is Installed correctly, then something else is causing the problem. And there is no one quick fix, it is just a matter of finding what it is. It is a lot more difficult since no one can see the computer but you:-) That is one reason Microsoft logs on to a User's computer and they don't have to ask any questions, they see it all and find the problem pretty quickly. I don't have that option.

We've checked the main add ons, so I don't know what is causing the issue. I would do some searching on the Microsoft forums and I have found Bing a better search engine than Google because you'll find a lot of Microsoft info there.

Let me know if you want the links for the Uninstaller/Installer.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines