Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Gradient Overlay in Photoshop Elements 8?

Aug 14, 2010 8:00 PM

Gradient Overlay in Photoshop Elements 8? On the school laptop it has Photoshop elements 8

I want to do a text style with a gradient overlay like here (in the Bubbly text part) :

But every time I do gradient it does the background not the text.
How do I use Gradient overlay on the text?


GoPDA Windows Mobile(Windows Phone) iPhone Android Tips

  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 14, 2010 9:34 PM   in reply to kongo77

    Edit: I was unable to view the text example you linked.


    One way you can do this is to use a clipping mask:


    Here is a video which shows how to apply a gradient to text using a clipping mask:



    Above video is for PSE 6 but the method is the same. She might call it a clipping group instead of clipping group. (Clipping group = clipping mask; Adobe changed the name not the function.)


    Note: Hold in the shift key as you pull the gradient to constrain the gradient so it pulls evenly.

    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points