Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS4 - change language (ppro+)?

Aug 16, 2010 9:39 PM

I have CS4 Czech version but need English.

Earlier this year, I puchased CS4 Master Collection (Windows XP) - but the Czech version was shipped - unfortunately, I didn't realize this until recently when I went to install it.   Earlier this year before installing it, my personal computer went down.  I finally just had it fixed - you can imagine my surprise when I found that my only option to install was in the wrong language, Czech.  Naturally I called customer support who sent me to tech support who then sent me back to customer support - an infinite loop with the only out being to upgrade to CS5 for a large fee.   Not only did I just buy CS4 (earlier this year), but my system is 32 bit = 2 good reasons for not upgrading.  So now I seem to be stuck with Czech software - according to my wife, I am still struggling to learn English - so I hope there is a workaround for this?????????

BTW - I have read Mylenium's tips for changing the language for After Effects (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/657200) - excellent stuff - hopefully there are similar suggestions for the other components of CS 4 Master Collection - especially the ones related to Video Editing (Premiere, Encore, Bridge, etc)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2010 5:47 AM   in reply to PatM1234

I'm talking with Pat about the customer service issue on another thread, but here's an answer about Premiere Pro language specifically:

Because Premiere Pro isn't localized into Czech, Premiere Pro will run in English in your case.

Of course, you may prefer to have the rest of the software in English, but Premiere Pro should already be as you want it.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2010 2:00 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Todd,

While on the subject of languages, my OS and all my programs are English, both CS4 and CS5 and even some CS3 programs. One exception is Adobe Drive CS4. It start in English, but during the splash screen it switches to Dutch and refuses to run in English. Is there any way to disable that behaviour? Notice that my keyboard is set to International English, but my location is set to the Netherlands.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2010 8:14 AM   in reply to Harm Millaard

Adobe Drive is a mystery to me.

There's an Adobe Drve forum here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/drive2

Maybe someone there will have a clue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...