Exit

Another fix to try for Flash 10.1 not running for limited users

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried these instructions from this website:

http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=73051&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=73051&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a Quote:

"The latest build of Flash is 10.1.82.76, a security update. The installation of that update created a permissions conflict on my system and at least one other which caused embedded Flash content to not display.

The fix for this is to uninstall Flash and then delete the following registry key (Admin rights will be required).

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-shockwave-flash

Then install Flash and the permission mask should now be correct. A quick test of embedded content will confirm."

After trying various ideas over the past three days, this was the only one that worked for me. For those unfamiliar, you can get to the registry key by doing Start/run/regedit. Then keep expanding each section til you get to this particular key. Right click on it and delete. You might want to set a restore point first, just in case things go wrong. Start/All Programs/Accessories/SystemTools/SystemRestore then choose create a restore point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you; hopefully this will help a few users with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2010 Sep 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man, your solution works!!! And believe me, I tried other methods (deleteing flash folders from Users&Settings etc.) and this one finally worked... THANKS AGAIN!!!

Btw, shouldn't Adobe publish some kind of fix for that?

Btw 2, shouldn't Flash uninstaller delete this reg entry for us?

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks greatly, this also assisted me.

I got to here from http://dmoisan.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!95CB015E3E4A702A!2596.entry

When will Adobe stop creating ridiculous issues for us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope this is it. This is the second Adobe flash upgrade in a row where I'm seeing this issue.  I'm concerned though because we deployed Adobe Flash to a training room and it worked for a couple weeks.  A new class was being taught today and I received reports that it's no longer working.  How can that be possible that it works for a little while, then stops working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when running the 10.1.85.3 uninstaller, it removes the CLSID reg key.  Should we delete the whole folder or is deleting just the reg key sufficent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many Thanks -  I searched around on the internet for days and finally found the correct solution here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the link for the solution of my problem not seeing embeded flash objects with my non-adm users.

I can now see embeded flash objects with my non-adm users again!

Bye...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GCMarion wrote:

I tried these instructions from this website:

http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=73051&start=0&st=0&s k=t&sd=a

http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=73051&start=0&st=0&s k=t&sd=a Quote:

"The latest build of Flash is 10.1.82.76, a security update. The installation of that update created a permissions conflict on my system and at least one other which caused embedded Flash content to not display.

The fix for this is to uninstall Flash and then delete the following registry key (Admin rights will be required).

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-shockwave-flash

Then install Flash and the permission mask should now be correct. A quick test of embedded content will confirm."

After trying various ideas over the past three days, this was the only one that worked for me. For those unfamiliar, you can get to the registry key by doing Start/run/regedit. Then keep expanding each section til you get to this particular key. Right click on it and delete. You might want to set a restore point first, just in case things go wrong. Start/All Programs/Accessories/SystemTools/SystemRestore then choose create a restore point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a similar issue occurring in the latest Flash player, which is 10.2.153.1, can we delete the same registry key line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had this problem for some versions backwards, don't know when exactly it happen first time, since my primary web-browser is Opera.

But I did this registery fix while dealing with version 10.2.153.1.

Bye...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac 10.5.8

The latest version of Flash player that seems to be the only one I can try to download is Flash player 10.2.153.1

Does your instructions still apply to these conditions?

It appears that people are having difficulties with this new upgrade across the board!

Thanks for posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much.  I wasted a whole day yesterday searching for a fix.  Yours worked fine.  Thank you. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines