Skip navigation
nebarez
Currently Being Moderated

Error 1327. Invalid Drive:G

Aug 19, 2010 7:23 AM

I have a Drive:G and it is plugged in but for some reason I can not update Adobe Reader 9.3.3. It gives me an error window then I click ok and then it says a fatal error occurred, click ok then finish. I tried removing it from the G Drive but some of the files the computer will not let me delete. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling a newer version but it still will not let me update.  It won't fully install. It get to 99% then fails. What else is there left to do to get it off my G drive.

My Drive:G is an exteral drive.

U can also e-mail me [edited by host]

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2010 7:24 AM   in reply to nebarez

What OS? If Vista or earlier you can use the Microsoft Installer Cleanup tool.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2010 4:34 PM   in reply to nebarez

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2010 6:21 AM   in reply to nebarez

Hi Nebarez,

Have you verified that reader 9.3.3 is completely installed by launching a pdf with it. If yes, please describe the way you have installed it on your G:drive(unpluggable).

Also after de-installing , you can try running clean up utilities like-

1. CCleaner

2. Windows installer clean up utility.

Heres another link to manuallly remove a reader-

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/400/kb400769.html

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2010 12:54 PM   in reply to nebarez

Take a look at My Documents location.

Right Click on My Documents and see if the target G:\, change it to C: drive.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2010 2:32 PM   in reply to nebarez

I too am having the same issue with Windows 7 and Adobe Reader 9.4 and tried the following to no avail:  1.  Made certain Reader was gone from not just Add/Remove Programs but also from the Start list and the Programs directory, rebooted and tried to reinstall.  2.  Same as above but also ran REGEDIT and removed any reference to Acrobat Reader, rebooted and tried to reinstall.  3.  Same as above but disconnected the invalid drive.  4.  Same as before but tried the install not just from the web site but also from the desktop and flashdrive.    Right now, looking at doing a reimage - unless there is some other way I have not come across as yet.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points