• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash problem

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Flash 10.1 on Mac OS X 10.6. On fullscreen YouTube video at the end Flash crashs:-(  Any ideas why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm light on Mac, but from what you are describing sounds like the hardware acceleration may be causing a problem.

Go to any video and RIGHT click on it, then click on Settings and Display Settings. UNcheck the H.A.

Mac users seem to having this problem as well as PC users.

Hope that helps. Let me know. I'm getting ready to sign off, so it will be tomorrow before I can get back to you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Go to this test site and let me know if you can see the animation and the version number of Flash Player that is displayed.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it & 10,1,82,76 installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi j, you didnt' say whether you saw the animation. That is important. If you didn't, then most likely you don't have the SWF either not Installed or not Enabled.

You may want to take at look at this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3029984#3029984

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug that seems to be reaching across several systems, affecting flash apps across the board. Problems have been reported with users using firefox build 3.6.8 where people are having problems with facebook apps, youtube, and even HP printer devices. I assume there is a flaw in flash build 10.1 but it may just be an incompatibility issue. I'm expecting flash to come out with an update in a few days at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi turn... I wouldn't be expecting any Flash Player update to be coming any time soon. The latest Update just came out

8 days ago:-) August 10, 2010 to be exact. Most of the time some "duck" in the computer is out of it's row Many add ons/plug-ins can and do conflict, Anti-Virus and many others. Sometimes previous Flash files are not Uninstalled completely due to not following instructions, etc. Then the Install can be blocked and so on.

Finding out what is causing Flash Player to not work properly when it is determined to be correctly Installed is what troubleshooting is all about.

That has been my experience from helping on this forum quite a bit anyway.

You are right about incompatibility tho. I use the word conflict, but what occurs has the same effect:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know why.  Because Adobe Flash is a buggy, poorly performing POS.  Use HTML5 instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines