Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't nudge selected items with keyboard arrows

Aug 10, 2007 8:41 AM

When I select an object or layer and try to nudge the selection around with the arrow keys, I get no response.

I searched the preferences and can't find this to be a setting, and I trashed my preferences file figuring this can't be default behavior - but it appears to be.

I just tested this in Fireworks 8 and CS3 (Mac). It works in 8 but not in CS3.

Help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 22, 2007 8:21 PM   in reply to ampersandee
    I just started having the same issue, i found that the arrow keys and delete key wont work. Also the ctrl-c and ctrl-v wont copy and paste anymore yet these keys work in other programs including photoshop and other adobe apps.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2007 7:20 AM   in reply to ampersandee
    I've had times when my arrow keys would act flaky too. One of the four arrow keys would just stop working, sometimes it would be the up arrow, sometimes the left arrow - no rhyme or reason to it either.

Typically I'd just restart Fireworks and all would be well.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2007 9:36 AM   in reply to ampersandee
    i called tech support and got a resolution.

Go to the C:\Documents and Settings\Phil\Application Data\Adobe\Fireworks CS3\English folder and rename the file "Fireworks CS3 Preferences.txt" if that works then you can delete if you want.

The exact path could be different for you!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2007 2:10 PM   in reply to zooki
    That does the trick, thanks for posting. For Vista users your path will be closer to Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Fireworks CS3\English

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2009 2:41 AM   in reply to ampersandee

Hi All,

If any body else is encountering this issue, please rename the folder and see if it starts working for you. Please donot delete the folder and just rename it. Send us the renamed preference folder for investigation into this issue.

..Sarthak

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2009 8:27 AM   in reply to Sarthak Singhal

Attached.

I'm on OSX 10.4.11, using CS4.

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2009 9:32 PM   in reply to Benjamin Jancewicz

Thank you for the xml file. A clarification that renaming this file led Fireworks to create a new one and ensured that the shortcuts are back to working.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2009 11:16 AM   in reply to Sarthak Singhal

It's still not working; I'm not able to nudge even after trashing the preference file. It works for a while, then the problem returns.

I'm using CS4.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to ampersandee

I've been having the same issue with CS6 12.0.1.274

It's maddening. Like sometimes the keyboard doesn't work. The same thing happens with mouseclicks trying to select an object. I have to click numerous times to get a selected object.

This isn't just a time lag or memory issue. I literally can't get an object by clicking and then arbitrarily sometimes I can after a few clicks. The arrow and shift keys are randomly not working at all either!!

Buh!

OSX Lion Macbook Pro 8Gb RAM and an i7 processor. I don't have any similar issues in any other program.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2013 8:14 AM   in reply to opundo

Same for me, on Windows 7. The only thing that works for me is to close Fireworks and restart. That seems to correct the issue at least temporarily.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)