Skip navigation
gnorb.designs
Currently Being Moderated

Loading application files outside CF app root (CF+JBoss)

Aug 23, 2010 6:05 PM

I have CF9 installed as an EAR file in JBoss 5.1.0 ($JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/cfusion.ear -- on local disk).  I would like to place the custom application files on a shared file system (e.g. /apps/mycfapp) outside of the path $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/cfusion.ear/cfusion.war.  With JRun, you could map to a different resource path by modifying cfusion.ear/cfusion.war/WEB-INF/jrun-web.xml.

Ex:

<virtual-mapping>
        <resource-path>/*</resource-path>
        <system-path>/apps/mycfapp</system-path>
    </virtual-mapping>

Is there a way to modify/specify the path to the custom application files with other application servers?  Or is this not possible at all and all of the files must be deployed into the $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/cfusion.ear/cfusion.war directory?

Desired behavior: When I access http://www.mydomain.com/cfusion/index.cfm, ColdFusion would load index.cfm from /apps/mycfapp/index.cfm instead of $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/cfusion.ear/cfusion.war/index.cfm

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 24, 2010 4:22 AM   in reply to gnorb.designs

You might get a response here because there are people familiar with

JBoss but I think you will improve your chances if you ask this

question on one of the JBoss lists.

--

Mack

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2010 7:17 AM   in reply to mack_

I need some help with this as well.

I think that it is a CF configuration issue and has nothing to do with JBoss.

My presumptions:

1.  On a linux box, I "should" be able to make a symlink in the cfusion.war directory that points to a external directory that contains .cfm files.

2.  CF has a "Server Settings -> Mappings" page that I think "should" allow this to work.

So far, I can't get either of these 2 techniques to work.

My particular intallation is on RHEL5, using JBoss 5 and CF9.

I installed CF9 as an EAR in the JBoss deploy directory.

For me, that is:  /opt/JBoss/server/default/deploy/cfusion.ear

If I put a "test.cfm" file in /opt/JBoss/server/default/deploy/cfusion.ear/cfusion.war/rick/test.cf m, it works fine.

But, I need to place the .cfm files on a shared drive that is outside the cfusion.war directory structure.

I expected that a symbolic link in the cfusion.war directory that pointed to my shared directory would work, but it does not.

For example if I replace the "rick" directory with a symlink that points to /cfmfiles, I would expect that to work.

OR, if that doesn't work then I would expect that I could create a mapping from the CF Administrator that points logical path "/rick" to "/cfmfiles" directory path.  That does not work either.

So, is there any way to configure CF9 on JBoss that allows me to put the .cfm files somewhere other than the cfusion.ear/cfusion.war directory?

Thanks,

Rick

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2010 9:23 AM   in reply to gnorb.designs

<Context cookies="true" crossContext="true" allowLinking="true">

Works like a champ!

Thanks a ton,

Rick

|
    Mark as: