Skip navigation
Hayk@Tormans
Currently Being Moderated

Maximum number of open PDF documents

Aug 26, 2010 2:11 AM

Hi everybody. I have here the following problem;

I use a batch-file for converting AutoCAD drawings to PDF. It means that I just must select a folder which consists of CAD-drawings (e.g. *.dwg) need to be converted to pdf, and the batch automatically (one-by-one) opens *.dwg, converts it to *.pdf, saves the *.dwg, closes the *.dwg, opens the *.pdf. After batch-process (when all *.dwg drawings are converted) *.pdf-files stay open.

Now the problem:

E.g. I select a folder with 500 *.dwg drawings within. Then I run the batch, After creating and opening of first 50 *.pdf documents, batch process does go further, but the other 450 *.pdf documents are not open and I get 450 times the same warning (message):

Caption: Adobe Acrobat
The maximum number of files are already open. No other files can be opened or printed until some are closed.

So, it means that I have to click "OK" for 450 times before I can close other 50 open PDF documents or I just need to run the Task Manager to end Acrobat.exe process.

The batch-file is a standard for the whole company and it may not be edited.

Now, how can I change the maximum number of open PDF documents instead? Is it possible? I couldn't find it in Acrobat Preferences.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. see also the screenshot: http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt158/eyeReduction/Acrobat.png

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt158/eyeReduction/Acrobat.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 26, 2010 8:10 AM   in reply to Hayk@Tormans

The maximum should be 1000 but this can depend on your system. You would probably need a ton of RAM to open that many.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points