Skip navigation
chenapp
Currently Being Moderated

Keyboard shortcut problem in FlexNativeMenu

Aug 26, 2010 5:56 PM

I am developing an AIR 2 application where I use FlexNativeMenu to define the menu for application. The menu is working as expected. However, I have problem with the keyboard shortcuts defined by keyEquivalent property. The shortcuts work but they seem to be triggered no matter where the key stroke is. For example, I define a "Select All" menu item with keyEquivalent Ctrl-A. Now I put my keyboard focus on a TextInput control and press Ctrl-A. Instead of the text in this TextInput being highlighted(the default behavior), the application menu item "Select All" is triggered. I tried to register KeyboardEvent listener on the TextInput to find out what was going on. The listener never got triggered thus I had no clue where the event propagated to. Does anyone encounter similar problem? How to work around it? Thanks in advance for your suggestion.

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,455 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 19, 2010 12:01 PM   in reply to chenapp

Hi,

Sorry you're running into issues with Native Menu's.  I'll look into this and get back to you soon.  Moved thread to the Problems & Bugs forum.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 1, 2011 2:10 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I'm having similar problem (including copy, paste and cut commands). Any thoughts on how this could be resolved?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points