Skip navigation
Voniak
Currently Being Moderated

Live Photoshop 3D

Aug 26, 2010 10:20 PM

Hi!

i was amazed when i found out that this was possible but was very pissed to find out that I cant make this work. when i import it, the .psd file is just a 2d image like a normal boring picture in the composition. it doesn't have any cameras or null obejct in it. i've done everything but for some reason my after effects can't read the .psd file with the 3d layers or there's something wrong with my photoshop.

when i right click it (02:53 on the video) a message appears:

after effects error: no photoshop 3d layers were found

importing it and enabling live photoshop 3d  like in the video doesn't work for me

so basically what i've done is open a .3ds or .kmz or. DAE (since i can export models in three different formats and from what i've been told photoshop can handle them) i didn't do anything to them and just saved them as a .psd. then i imported them in after effects clicking the live photoshop 3D and making it a composition. after that it just imports it just like a normal 2d image without a camera and null object inside a composition.

i have cs5 of photoshop and cs4 of after effects.

thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 26, 2010 10:40 PM   in reply to Voniak

i have cs5 of photoshop and cs4 of after effects.

Exactly the problem. They are not compatible, since the PS people decided to change things around for CS5 and thuis those files will not produce valid 3D render settings in CS4 (same would apply to PS CS4).

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2010 11:55 PM   in reply to Voniak

It started in CS4, so CS3 will not recognize anything, just the rendered pixels as a 2D layer.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2010 12:12 AM   in reply to Voniak

Yes exactly like that. All programs must be of the same version level.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2010 10:34 PM   in reply to Voniak

What exactly did you do? Did you re-create the file from scratch in CS4? Otherwise, could you provide the 3D PSD file for inspection (contact me off-forum, if it's not for public eyes)? Maybe something is in there that bunks up settings and prevents rendering.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points