• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cold Fusion poll script

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2010 Aug 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to create a poll for a website, using Cold Fusion 9 and Microsoft SQL.  Could someone give me direction or a reference link or two to what is already out there in regards to creating polls with Cold Fusion?  I am sure this must already exist but I certainly can't seem to find anything out in the "google" world of searching for this.

I want to use it on our server for different websites (if needed).  Right now I need to create one poll for one website: one question with 10 answers and an ability to see the results of the poll.  Probably need to only allow visitors to vote once as well.

Thanks in advance for any help I receive,

Fern

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2010 Aug 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ColdFusion, php, asp ,net, whatever, the application software doesn't matter as long as you have something.  Same with db software.  The key is your database design.

I'd do something like:

table poll

poll_id

start_date

end_date

table question

question_id

question_text

table answer

answer_id

answer_text

table response

poll_id

question_id

answer_id

other fields you need

Thinking about that should get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation