Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attachments in ES2

Level 3

I'm working on a big workflow and hopefully this is the last major hurdle to figure out.

I don't understand how attachments are supposed to work in ES2.  In ES1 it was straight forward because attachments just got saved into an List/Document variable which I typically called 'AttachList'.

With ES2, if I do the same thing and set the assignment steps for Input and Output for 'AttachList' then the attachment get doubled on each subsequent Assignment step.  After additional research I discover that the TaskResult (which I created a variable named as such) contains the attachments in a List there.  Unfortunately, the contents of the TaskResult don't carry forward to the next Assignment step.

So if I use AttachList then attachments get doubled each time.

If I use TaskResult then attachments arn't visible at all on the next step.

I think my question is:

How do you ensure attachments are visable to downstream Assignments and allow new attachments to be added along the way?

1 Reply

Level 3

Just figured it out.  It a seperate set step after each Assignment:

Expression:

/process_data/TaskResult/object/attachmentList

/process_data/AttachList[1]

You have to use the [1] to essentially reset the AttachList variable otherwise it appends attachments each time even if they are duplicates.

Adobe, that is silly.

Then in the Assignment/Attachments you set the Input = AttachList and the Output is null.

In ES1, you simply set the Input/Output to the same list.  I also recall an option that let your forward attachments to the next step.  Fairly straight forward.  They seemed to have taken a step backwards on this one.  Oh well.