• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashUtil10i_ActiveX.exe

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I downloaded this version of Flash on August 10th. I've been using it since with little issue but I did notice some performance degradation last night and today I can't access sites that require Flash. For instance, I play Fantasy Baseaball and the live StatTracker won't load and then a pop-up says that a process is taking up too many resources and will prevent this from loading and give me the option to end the process. If I click yes and try to reload it just happens again. This has never happened until today. I felt like a virus so I updated and ran McAfee, updated and ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and updated and ran SUPERAnti Spy-Ware, no issues were found. I have the same security software on my other PC and caught Trojans and other harmful adware and spyware before with no problem so I'm certain I don't have any viruses or spyware screwing me up. I do notice, "FlashUtil10i_ActiveX.exe" showing up in my Task Manager as well as another associated process that I've never seen before. I deleted and if I weren't so frustrated and tired at this point I'd redownload it. I've also noticed that since I downloaded this a couple weeks ago my PC will not automatically go to Sleep.

I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled the Adobe Flash player and then went to the download site and tried to download it again. The download seemed to go fine but I have the same problem. I tried to download Flash version 9 and that wouldn't even kick off. I have no idea what to do and I definitely need a Flash Player.

PC: Windows Vista

Browser: IE8

I'm noto well versed in dealing with technical issues like that so please dumb it down for me a little.

Thanks,

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, glad you started your thread. The Malwarebytes, McAfee and SASW, are any of these running in realtime, running in the background? Or are they only run when you run them manually?

What is the full name of the McAfee and version number if you have it?

What was the name of the other process that you noticed running in Task Manager?

Do you have any related AOL anything? Have you ever had?

Go to Programs and Features or Control Panel (not sure on Vista) and see if there is a DLM(download manager) listed or a getplus.

Using IE, go to Tools, Manage add ons and look in Toolbars & Extensions for a get_atlcom Class, a getplus or a DLM control and tell me if any of those are listed. If you don't find any there, look in the body of the screen for "Show", click on that and there are 4 categories. Search for these add ons in each one.

You said your PC wouldn't go to sleep, since you "downloaded this"; are you speaking of Flash Player?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2010 Sep 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe McAfee and the Spyware are real-time because i notice them running in the Task Manager and they always have without incident. The Malware I have to run manually. I'm at work and I don't recall the version of McAfee but it's definitely whatever the most current version is.

The other process I believe was called GetPlus. I'll try the steps you mentioned when I get home tonight. Currently my PC is without a Flash Player, I uninstalled all of those pieces last night. Is there a specific way I should download them? I just click on the links on the Adobe site and follow the prompts like I always have.

Ever since I downloaded the update, I've always had Flash, a couple weeks ago I noticed my PC wouldn't automatically go to Sleep after the designated amount of time. It didn't dawn on me until yesterday when I started having all these problems; I'm not sure if this is related or not but it's definitely coincidental.

Thanks,

J

Edit: No AOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the info as I see that old "getplus". No, don't try Installing again yet. I'll give you the offline info. However, we need to clear up the problems that I see first, otherwise they will still be there. In fact I doubt if your Install would be successful until we get rid of the conflicts.

AOL is one less problem:-)

I am in the U.S. in the EDT zone.

I'll need more info from your and will have you check some things.

Just post back when you can. Our other helper is not on the forum today and I am trying to help as many as possible so am busier than usual.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Since the

new update, stattracker for yahoo fantasy sports w

ill not load properly. Can someone please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have turned off all posiible conflict

s.

Anti virus and anti spyware turned off. I then d

eleted everything that had to do with adobe and ma

cromedia. Re installed flash. Says it insta

lled properly. However it can't be found anywhere via windows explorer. Under uninstall a program it is listed. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi magnum87, I don't think you are having the same problem. Please start your own thread and with your first post,

include your operating system and browser(s) installed and version numbers. Indicate whether your system is a 64bit or not. Also what Anti-Virus/Spyware program you have Installed with version numbers if you have them.

Also go to this site and test with each browser and post those results also, especially if you can see the animation.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Please don't post any of the above information on this thread as I will be unable to answer you.

Troubleshooting takes a considerable amount of time and I cannot have multiple users with different computer configurations on the same thread.

Hope you understand,

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks eidnolb. What other informaton can I provide to help with the diagnosis?

Thanks for your time.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you ready? LOL  For starters, just follow my Post#1 to you. I need that info. And also McAfee info.While you are there, look for the Shockwave Flash Object and let me know what version it is. It might say Flash10i.ocx also, but make sure it is Enabled.

Then go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and post back all files there.

Also in your Add ons, Toolbars & Extensions as well as under "Show" and in all 4 categories, let me know of any McAfee or SuperAntiSpyware listings.

Do you use Skype, RealPlayer or Quicktime? If so then they also would have add ons in the browser.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, had a long work day. Let me know if this is what you needed or if you need anything else.

Under Control Panel > Programs and Features

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Flash10i.ocx

Flashinstall

FlashUtil10i_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil10i_ActiveX

Install

Addons

McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar

McAfee Phishing Filter

Scriptproxy

McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO

Adobe Systems Incorporated

Shockwave Flash Object

Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper

Skype - No

RealPlayer - No

Quicktime - Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I know long days, had one myself on here. Your Flash files are all correct for the vs 10.1.82.76. The only thing related to Flash Player is that Shockwave Flash Object, is it Enabled and what version is it? If the version number is not listed, does it say Flash10i.ocx? If so then it is correct and you have all of Flash Player Installed correctly.

If you are having any problem viewing Flash content or videos it may be one of the McAfee add ons or perhaps a Quicktime add on.

Since you had that getplus in the task manager, then I would go to Control Panel and look for a DLM or getplus entry there. If you find them Remove them and Reboot.

Then look in Toolbars and Extensions and all 4 categories under "Show" for any getplus, get_atlcom Class or a DLM control. Remove them all if you can or if not, then Disable them all.

Also if you find any of those add ons or the DLM/getPlus in Control Panel, then go to your Program files and look for a NOS folder. Right click on it and post back all files that are in it. C:\Program Files All of these add ons, NOS and getplus are part of the DLM(download manager) They all cause problems.

You may also be having a conflict between McAfee and SASW, especially if they both have an anti-virus component. I'm not as familiar with SASW as most all other AV's. Just something to consider.

Once we get all of these things cleared up then I would use the offline Uninstaller and the offline Installer. We'd disable some things that may interfere and you can enable them afterwards.

Ok, that is all for me:-)  Post whatever you like, I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines