Skip navigation
wtchkrft
Currently Being Moderated

Slideshow with auto import photos ?

Sep 3, 2010 3:01 AM

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered already, I am new here and a search did not turn up anything that answered my question.

I am just trying out the Lightroom Trial, and am currently trying to set up a Live Slideshow.

I have an Eye-Fi card which is dropping my photos inside a folder, this folder is watched by Lightroom, and Lightroom successfully recognizes new photos and imports them fine.

In the Slideshow module, I have it set to use all filmstrip photos, and I can play the slideshow.

However, if I take a new picture, I see it getting imported and appear in my filmstrip, however the currently running slideshow does not pick up this new image, and also just above the filmstrip is a textmessage that sais 'Slide 3 of 5'.

If I take a new picture and there are 6 images in my filmstrip, the label still sais 'Slide x of 5' and does not seem to update with the new image.

Strangly though, sometimes when I click somewhere in the Lightroom interface, this number does get updated while the slideshow is running.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or is what I am trying to do simply not possible ?

BTW : there is a youtube movie from Eye-Fi which show the process working perfectly with Lightroom 2 and a 3rd party plugin, which I cannot test.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Sep 3, 2010 5:31 AM   in reply to wtchkrft

Hi Peter

Make sure you have the drop down menu on the Slideshow toolbar set to “All Filmstrip Photos” and not “Selected photos”

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Sep 3, 2010 5:57 AM   in reply to wtchkrft

The only other difference I can think of is that LR3 prepares previews in advance where selected in the playback panel.

If you are running a user template it might be worth clicking on a light room template in the left hand Template Browser. Then click back on your chosen template to see if it refreshes.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2010 6:55 PM   in reply to wtchkrft

FYI

I just wanted to say that I just tried the exact same thing, and ran into the same problem. Luckily I still have Lightroom version 2 on my machine, and when I switched back over, the slideshow will automatically update with new photos, as they're added with the auto import feature.

Now come Adobe, there must be a reason why this is not working in Version 3, and you should fix it! This is a really important feature if you're an event photographer, doing live slide shows.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2010 3:07 AM   in reply to wtchkrft

Hi,

You can report bugs in LR to Adobe at the link below;

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)