• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FB4 plugin does not work with Eclipse Cocoa versions (3.5 & 3.6)

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2010 Sep 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Flash Builder 4 plugin in Eclipse Cocoa 3.6 or 3.5 (32 bit) and they both install but I am not able to launch the Flash perspective. If I install Eclipse 3.5 Carbon version the Flash perspective works. Both 3.5 and 3.6 have the same error messages in the Eclipse log file. So from what I can see, the Flash plugin is not support in the Cocoa versions. Is this correct? Will the 64bit version be supported in the near future?

My machine setting:

Mac OS 10.6.4

Java 1.6.0_20

Eclipse Log file:

BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2010-09-07 10:44:23.748

!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Creating Adobe Flash Player trust file...".

!STACK 0

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/adobe/flexbuilder/utils/osnative/NativeControl

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.PlayerTrustStore.getUserFlashPlayerTrustFolder(PlayerTrustStore.java:198)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.PlayerTrustStore.<init>(PlayerTrustStore.java:81)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.PlayerTrustStore.getInstance(PlayerTrustStore.java:71)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.FlexProjectCore$4.run(FlexProjectCore.java:388)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.adobe.flexbuilder.utils.osnative.NativeControl

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:494)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)

... 5 more

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2010-09-07 10:44:26.028

!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception

!STACK 0

org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: handle)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3884)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3799)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:137)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3405)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3102)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: handle

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.ui.UIPlugin$1.run(UIPlugin.java:120)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)

... 22 more

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi,

FB4 Plug-in is only supported with Carbon versions of Eclipse, and the installer should have warned you when you tried installing into a Cocoa version.

We have Fb working with Cocoa in the next version of Fb (under development now), but FB4 requires Carbon.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

FB4 Plug-in is only supported with Carbon versions of Eclipse, and the installer should have warned you when you tried installing into a Cocoa version.

We have Fb working with Cocoa in the next version of Fb (under development now), but FB4 requires Carbon.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is FB4 supposed to work with Eclipse Carbone 3.6?

The installation works fine but when I start Eclipse I get a "Configuration error + code 6" for FB4.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, FB4 Plug-in is supported on 3.6 Carbon, such as the SDK (Classic) package that's conveniently available in both Carbon and Cocoa flavors. I just ran a plug-in installation to the Classic 3.6.0 Carbon distro, and was able to launch it with FB4 perspectives successfully.

I just tried it with the newer 3.6.1 Carbon SDK too, and it worked fine there as well.

A couple of questions:

When you launch the copy of Eclipse bundled with FB 4 Plug-in, does it start up successfully?

Regarding the error you're getting with Helios, have you tried running these steps already?

- reboot your Mac

- navigate to your installation folder under /Adobe Flash Builder 4 Plug-in/install.support/AdobeFlashBuilderPluginSTIWrapperMac/

- run Install.app from that location, to make sure all the required runtimes are installed successfully.

Then re-launch eclipse 3.6 Carbon, and see if that makes the difference.

Failing that, you may need to work through the error matrix here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/834/cpsid_83481.html

Let me know how it goes.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Thanks for the quick response!

I followed your step to re-installed FB4 and Eclipse starts successfully now.

The first time I had clicked on the installation file right after downloading FB4.

--Laurent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After weeks fighting with eclipse and flash builder plug-in I find this post and it works perfectly. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2010 Oct 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Cocoa-capable version of FB available for early access? Or soon to be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2010 Oct 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Watch for a Preview Release (Public Beta) this fall. I can't mention the date yet, but if you monitor Adobe Labs you won't miss it:

http://labs.adobe.com/

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines