Skip navigation
eddieb2020
Currently Being Moderated

Can't fill in PDF form fields.

Sep 8, 2010 1:41 PM

Recently upgraded from XP to 7 and to Adobe 9.  I can no longer fill in form fields even when the document security properties shows that "filling of form fields" is allowed.  I actually located some older saved PDF files which I remember filling out but can no longer do so.  Went to the "Geek Squad" at Best Buy, all they suggested is to uninstall Adobe 9 and install Adobe 8.  I did this and still encounter the same problem.  Any suggestions?  I don't want to have to print the form and fill in by hand...doesn't look good for job applications!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 8, 2010 8:56 PM   in reply to eddieb2020

eddieb2020 wrote:even when the document security properties shows that "filling of form fields" is allowed.

That doesn't mean much. The form has to contain fillable fields. That just means if it had those fields, you would be allowed to fill them in.

eddieb2020 wrote:

I actually located some older saved PDF files which I remember filling out but can no longer do so.  Went to the "Geek Squad" at Best Buy, all they suggested is to uninstall Adobe 9 and install Adobe 8.  I did this and still encounter the same problem. 

Sounds like you may have been mistaken. If they are or were fillable in 8, they would be fillable in 9. If you could post a link to a PDF that you think should be fillable, we could check it out for you and then we'd know for sure.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points