Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS5 - Can't find Data Driven Graphic Wizard

Sep 10, 2010 12:24 AM

I just move to CS5 from CS3, is that the DDGW function being cancelled? cause I can't find it from the menu bar and the offline help manual.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 20, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to evacompany

Hello!,

I just wanted to share with you all that today I needed that data-driven merge wizard. I'm using CS4. The Extension Manager showed it activated but it was not ( I didn't appear under the Commands menu). I unchecked the activation checkmark. Then I closed fireworks and the extension manager. I launched Extension Manager again, enabling the data-driven merge wizard, and now Fireworks shows it under the Command menu.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to evacompany

Can anyone get this to work in CS5? It exports the images but ignores the XML and keeps the variables that are in the png. In CS3 it works perfectly so there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the xml file or my template.

Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2012 8:08 AM   in reply to danpace

I've been having the same issue in Fireworks CS5.  I can get the Data-Driven Graphics Wizard to generate new image that replace image variables, but the text variables do not work.  I've tried multiple samples and none work with the text.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points