Skip navigation
OskarSaiz
Currently Being Moderated

Using SOAP in Reader

Sep 10, 2010 4:17 AM

Hi all.

I've developed a simple application in a PDF using SOAP lo launch a web service.

This does not work in reader, unless you have Form Export  Rights open”.

To open these rights I've read that I need "Adobe LiveCycle Rights server", wich costs "hundreds to ten of hundreds dollars".

Does anyone know an alternative to this?

That is: Any other way to use web services in javascript in reader?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 10, 2010 8:03 AM   in reply to OskarSaiz

None of the Soap object properties are restricted, Only the some of the methods require 'Extended Reader Rights' and there are a couple of the methods that have enhanced security the will require an application level function or a certified PDF to be used. You can apply the Extended Reader Rights with Acrobat Pro 8 or Acrobat 9 Standard or higher. But if you use Acrobat, there is a limit on the number of copies of the PDF that can be distributed.

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,668 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Sep 10, 2010 8:27 AM   in reply to OskarSaiz

Note that the right you need cannot be granted using Acrobat. You do indeed need to use LiveCycle Reader Extensions. But there is at least one third-party service (FormRouter.com) that will, for a fee, enable individual documents.

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,668 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Sep 13, 2010 9:03 AM   in reply to OskarSaiz

I as I indicated earlier, you cannot use Acrobat to grant the right that will allow SOAP to work with Reader. Only LiveCycle Reader Extentions can.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points