Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Attaching files to a pdf in Adobe Reader

Sep 15, 2010 8:07 AM

Hi

I found these instructions on the web on how to attach a file to a PDF document, however, when i get to step 3 (underlined in the instructions below)  "Click the "Add" button at the top pof the attachment navigation panel to open the "Add Attchment" dialog box.

I do not see an "Add" button available.

I want our users to be able to open our forms and attach scanned documents onto the PDF form in order to submit documentation related to their benefits.  Why do I not see an "Add" button?

How do I get an "Add" button.  The version we are using is Adobe Reader 9.3.  The instructions below are for Adobe 8, but if this can be done in Adobe 8, then i can't imagine it can not be done in Adobe 9.3?

Thank.

JoBeth

How to Attach a File to a PDF Document

You can easily attach files to your Adobe Acrobat PDF document by using the attachment navigational panel. This panel allows you to quickly attach any type of file to your PDF document if you need to send a corresponding file along with your PDF document. Find out how you can utilize the power of Adobe Acrobat by attaching other files to your PDF document.

Difficulty: Easy

Instructions

Things You'll Need:

• Adobe Acrobat 8
  1. Start Adobe Acrobat, and open a PDF document to which you would like to attach an additional file.

2. Choose the "View" menu, point to "Navigation Panels" and click to select "Attachments" so a checkmark appears before the selection and the attachment navigation panel opens at the bottom of the screen.

3. Click the "Add" button at the top of the attachment navigation panel to open the "Add Attachment" dialog box.

4. Use the "Look in" drop-down list and click on your computer files in the "Attach a File" dialog box to browse to find the file you have saved and want to attach to the open PDF document.

5. Click to select the file you want to attach, and click the "Open" button to close the "Add Attachment" dialog box and add the file to the attachment navigation panel. The file is now attached to the open PDF document and will be included any time the PDF document is opened or emailed.

Read more: How to Attach a File to a PDF Document | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2222241_attach-file-pdf-document.html##ixzz0zb sURkkr

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 15, 2010 8:15 AM   in reply to jobioneAdobe

jobioneAdobe wrote:

The instructions below are for Adobe 8, but if this can be done in Adobe 8, then i can't imagine it can not be done in Adobe 9.3?

http://www.ehow.com/how_2222241_attach-file-pdf-document.html##ixzz0zb sURkkr

That's because those instructions are for Adobe Acrobat and not Adobe Reader. Reader can't do this.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points